HQL trainer mentioned potential ammo and also registration tax?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JRussell87

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 9, 2018
    Wife just finished HQL class and the instructor mentioned upcoming bills involving a tax on each firearm you own and a steep tax on ammunition.

Anyone know anything about this? I'm having a hard time finding recent results on google. Was this a Maryland tax or Federal I apologize if its national and ill delete thread and place it in the proper sub forum.

Wife just finished HQL class and the instructor mentioned upcoming bills involving a tax on each firearm you own and a steep tax on ammunition.

Anyone know anything about this? I'm having a hard time finding recent results on google. Was this a Maryland tax or Federal I apologize if its national and ill delete thread and place it in the proper sub forum.

Who said it?
    This thread will gain zero traction without knowing who spewed this BS.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    There is no such national tax, and it couldn’t come into existence without the GOP senate on board and the president willing to sign it.

As for here in Maryland, I wouldn’t put anything past the general assembly, but that hasn’t happened yet.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    The sheer amount of nonsense ive heard coming from HQL classes- including incorrect details on mundane topics like transport- rivals what nonsense I hear from the media.

Wonder if it’s the same place that spews most of the insane information in their HQL class

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    Please out this instructor. If they are not made to substantiate their claims, they will continue to spread incorrect / inaccurate information. This crap only hurts our existing base and confuses / disillusions our future base & supporters.

Sent from my tricorder

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Friend moved to Delaware & needed an approved class for his carry permit. Took a class that was given by a retired MD State Trooper who stated it is illegal to have loaded magazines in a vehicle in MD. I gave friend a copy of the Jan 15, 2010 letter to pass onto the trooper.

As previously stated, loads of BS from those classes.

Cut & pasted from the letter

Maryland law doesn't prohibit an individual from transporting a loaded magazine in a
    vehicle while transporting an unloaded handgun under the provisions of 4-203 (b)

JRussell87

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 9, 2018
    Its was an MSP licensed intstructer at MSAR in upper marlboro

Sorry I dont know the instructers name

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Instructors tend to want to scare you into submission , one told me I should not OC on my business property because police will not like it .

EdHershon

Oct 2, 2018
    Annapolis
    Some instructors reference this and point to some past suggestions from local politicians, most notably Baltimore City, to place a tax on ammunition. Also some reference the discussion by Senator Daniel P. Moynihan who suggested that one of the best ways to get a handle on gun control would be to tax the ammunition.

There was talk about taxing ammo a few years ago and it never went anywhere. They were talking about a $.25 per round tax. That was ludicrous and it will not pass the MGA.

However, this is something that I would not put past the Democrats to attempt. If I see any legislation along these lines, I will certainly give everyone a heads up.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Friend moved to Delaware & needed an approved class for his carry permit. Took a class that was given by a retired MD State Trooper who stated it is illegal to have loaded magazines in a vehicle in MD. I gave friend a copy of the Jan 15, 2010 letter to pass onto the trooper.

As previously stated, loads of BS from those classes.

Cut & pasted from the letter

Maryland law doesn't prohibit an individual from transporting a loaded magazine in a
    vehicle while transporting an unloaded handgun under the provisions of 4-203 (b)

Got the same info in Utah nr class.

I unload pistol, lock in mini safe in trunk, loded mags in passenger compartment.
    Was told I should unload and reload mags Between MD and DE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom