• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Someone stole a man hole cover off of the Solomons bridge this am and 1 lane has been closed since.what kind of person steals a man hole cover ?? Lol

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Undocumented guest worker looking to scrap metal regular Americans won't scrap!

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    Its reopened by now. I guessed the nighttime work crew dropped it in the river.

K31

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I'd check the trusses beneath it just make sure they didn't scrap some of those as well.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    As of a half hr ago they were saying on the radio that it was still only 1 lane open and they were waiting for a replacement man hole cover to show up.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    I actually had to buy a man hole cover once. Our replacement was made in India...

I asked myself the same thing when it came up missing. Who the hell takes a manhole cover?

This is just a thought but, since it was on a bridge, maybe they used it for weight for something thrown off the bridge??!! Or, maybe I've seen too many gangster movies!:innocent0

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    It took them all day to do the fix. You'd think the State Highway would have an extra one someplace. It had to be more than a missing manhole cover.

K31

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Made in China, it is on the slow boat!:innocent0

Now, thanks to your friendly neighbourhood undocumented worker, another one is on it's way back to China to be melted along with the other scrap, to be made into manhole covers. The circle is complete.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    This is just a thought but, since it was on a bridge, maybe they used it for weight for something thrown off the bridge??!! Or, maybe I've seen too many gangster movies!:innocent0

Can Hillary Clinton account for her whereabouts for the period in question ?

Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    Did any vehicle "hit" the open hole? Used for a weight, as in to ensure something sunk deep, hmmm. While that bridge is over 100 feet in the air, the water under it is just as deep. First time I brought a new boat under the bridge my depth alarm started going off. Seems it was set to 5 foot and 100ft at the factory.

Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    The submarine is actually a between the world war submarines. There is a WWII submarine sunk in the Potomac, a German war prize. Navy EOD practice dives on the boat sunk off of point patience. Somtimes you will see a Navy ocean going type tug anchored off of the Navy Solomons, the divers support ship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom