• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sajidakh

Dec 28, 2010
    I'm looking for a shop that can mill some dovetail sights into my Mossy Shockwave barrel, port it, and lengthen the funnel cone. I also need the same done to my SPX barrel minus the pistol sights.

Does anyone know a place I can do all 3? Vang Comp does porting and funneling but don't think they'll mill sights. Would rather send my barrel to 1 place and not 2 or 3.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Is the barrel thick enough to mill dovetails? I would think they solder the sight on.

Q

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Mike Orlen, 79 Salem Street, Amherst, MA 01002

Phone: (four13) two56-1630 Fax: (four13) two53-5665

michael.orlen@verizon.net

He’s a 1-man operation so, I would not procrastinate calling or emailing him (like many 1-man smith shops that have a proven track record of quality he stays busy and has Limited time to check messages, let alone chat on the phone.

And, don’t let his out-of-state address dissuade you; if you check in and do some searching at the “Gunsmithing” forums on ShotgunWorld.com you’ll see his turnaround and return shipping times are faster than most any place you could drive to and drop you gun off. Much faster, in fact.

Shotgun barrels are ... what ... he ... does!

Best o’ Success!

PS Edit: Additional (price list is old but, all of Randy’s endorsements still spot on: http://randywakeman.com/shotgunMikeOrlen.htm

Last edited:

sajidakh

Dec 28, 2010
    Mike Orlen, 79 Salem Street, Amherst, MA 01002

Phone: (four13) two56-1630 Fax: (four13) two53-5665

michael.orlen@verizon.net

He’s a 1-man operation so, I would not procrastinate calling or emailing him (like many 1-man smith shops that have a proven track record of quality he stays busy and has Limited time to check messages, let alone chat on the phone.

And, don’t let his out-of-state address dissuade you; if you check in and do some searching at the “Gunsmithing” forums on ShotgunWorld.com you’ll see his turnaround and return shipping times are faster than most any place you could drive to and drop you gun off. Much faster, in fact.

Shotgun barrels are ... what ... he ... does!

Best o’ Success!

Thanks man. I'll reach out

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    2nd recomendation for Mike Orlen. #1 Primo shotgun work in the USA.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Likewise , the bbl will be too thin to mill dovetails . The usual approach is add base/ mounts to the bbl .

jhartmac1

Jun 3, 2018
    VA-Front Royal
    I have a 870P that Id like to have the Wilson Combat Trak-Lock Ii Ghost Ring site added to my receiver and the front sight on the barrel mine is blued would he also be a good source?

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Here's another vote for Mike Orlen. Join up at ShotgunWorld.com to get a discount on his pricing. Just post in his "services offered" thread and you're eligible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom