• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sino26

Mar 5, 2013
    Columbia
    For you guys who have shipped, do you just box it up and call for Fedex to pick it up?

I dropped mine off at Fedex. You have to let them know the package contains a firearm. They checked a list of approved dealers/vendors for Kel-Tec to make sure they can accept it.

rickinboots

TEAM GET' UM
    Jun 12, 2011
    Pasadena
    Kel tec

It took about 4 weeks to get mine back. FYI, I emailed them and asked for some extra goodies for the long wait and they sent a package about 3 days after I received the firearm with stickers, patches, koozie, pen, and a pocket screwdriver at no charge.

vfr750f

Feb 2, 2008
    That was a good idea - I was happy that they sent a genuine Glock magazine rather than a Pmag from the original purchase as a consolation prize. It would have been nice if they acknowledged receipt of the return and provided an estimated time of repair. I fired mine a few times before the recall without any explosion. I fired it again after I got it back - no issues but I did have to re zero the sights.

It took about 4 weeks to get mine back. FYI, I emailed them and asked for some extra goodies for the long wait and they sent a package about 3 days after I received the firearm with stickers, patches, koozie, pen, and a pocket screwdriver at no charge.

ZeroCool

Nov 8, 2006
    New PA Resident...
    I love this forum - without you, I probably would have never known about this safety recall and something bad could have happened...

For those that said G17 only, that may be the frame size that's impacted but it's not just the 9mm caliber. Mine is a .40 (and a nickel boron one, at that) and it's impacted by the recall.

It's probably for the best that it goes in - mine has had nothing but troubles with feeding. Doing some polishing here and there has helped but it's still nowhere near 100% (with either factory or aftermarket mags). Hopefully whatever they do to it also fixes the feeding issue.

I'll take the free 10rd mag for my troubles, thank you...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom