• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I took the morning off to go shooting. I brought one of my ARs to try out the new front sight :sad20: , the Sendero, the SMLE, 1917 Enfield, FN-49, SKS, and hex receiver Mosin. I tried out my reloads for the SMLE, they were a little high at 100 yards (4"). I shot 60 rounds of .303 British, 30 rounds of 30-06, 20 rounds of 7x57 Mauser, 20 rounds of 7.62x39, 10 rounds of .300 WinMag, and 80 rounds of .223. I weinied out on the 7.62x54R, I shot 5 rounds of that after shooting the two Enfields and FN-49. There were some teenagers in the next lane shooting a Mosin and an SKS. I let them try my two Enfields. Now one of them wants an SMLE :D All in all, my shoulder hurts, my sinuses are killing me due to all of the pollen, but I got to shoot a lot of guns and conceal carry my CZ-75b today. Not a bad day! Too bad I had to come back to work for an hour.

VTX1800

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 29, 2011
    AA County
    Sounds like a good day...except for going back to work for an hour :D
    How did the 1917 Enfield perform ?
    With any luck I will squeeze in a little range time this weekend.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Sounds like a good day...except for going back to work for an hour :D
    How did the 1917 Enfield perform ?
    With any luck I will squeeze in a little range time this weekend.

I jinxed myself with that one hour statement. I'm pushing three hours and it looks like I'll be her for another hour :sad20: I used Greek surplus in the 1917 and she shot very well. I need more practice with open sights, but I kept all of the rounds I shot on paper inside 6" at 100 yard with it, but she was a couple of inches high. Someone left a clay pigeon on the berm, I kept trying to hit it with every rifle I brought :lol:

HarCo2ANewb

Subibro
    Mar 24, 2011
    Elkridge
    Sound like a really fun day up! At least up until the work part....

I must say, even though I knew it wasn't what you meant, my mind still thought "I hope he didn't take out Marky-Mark!"

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I finally looked at the MN I got. Made in 1932, can't tell who made it since I don't know the markings. There's a hammer and sickle on it, and a star on one of the bands. I did not have to clean out any cosmoline.

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    I finally looked at the MN I got. Made in 1932, can't tell who made it since I don't know the markings. There's a hammer and sickle on it, and a star on one of the bands. I did not have to clean out any cosmoline.

If on the top of the receiver you see just the hammer and sickle it is Izhevsk/Izhmash.
    If you see a giant star then it is tula.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    If on the top of the receiver you see just the hammer and sickle it is Izhevsk/Izhmash.
    If you see a giant star then it is tula.

So I have an Izzy 91/30 made in 1932. Thanks, that's good to know! I think I'll snag some more S&B ammo when it gets back in stock so I can shoot those out of the MN and reload for the Czech rifle.

Gambler

¿Got Freedom?
    Oct 30, 2011
    Parkville
    I saw the title of this thread and thought it was going to be about something else. Sounds like a good time though.

Sirex