• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sinzitu

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2009
    TN
    Huh, I ordered a bunch for the model 10 I bought. Hope it works out. Meh, worth a shot and if someone wants to try some and save on shipping I can dish some of mine out. Either way... :)

I'd be interested in giving some rounds a try. If it doesn't work for you let me know I can recoup your cost. :beer:

Gundahar

Sep 4, 2011
    I just ordered a bunch, will let you know what it is exactly when it shows up. I'm hoping FBI load, and honestly, with so few police using revolvers, I can see this load being in surplus rather easily. I'd figure target rounds would be much more in use than carry rounds, but we'll see.

Either way, its going to be target ammo for me, so its a good deal. Thanks OP! :thumbsup:

Gundahar

Hynes57

Aug 4, 2010
    Charles Town, WV
    Unless the stuff is entirely inaccurate, blows up your gun, or just doesn't work it's a good deal. Hours before i saw this last night i spent $18 on a box of Federal LRN at Wally World and 2 days prior spent $15 on a box of the CCI Blazers (not brass) a Dick's. $8.88 for the FBI load is sick! $8.88 for target ammo is sick! I figure the brass on this +P ammo purchase will make a nice addition to my collection for when i decide to reload.

By the way i also bought 2 100 packs of Federal FMJ 9mm at Wally World in Walkersville for a little under $19. I thought that was good considering i did not have to buy in bulk or pay shipping. For anyone still interested there were 4-5 boxes left when i checked out.

miben

Sep 29, 2007
    NC formerly Eldersburg MD
    Ordered 15 boxes last night, no shipping, but surcharge of $9. Email confirmation does not include tax, for a total of 142.20. Amazing deal if this turns out to be factory ammo. Thanks for posting.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Ordered 15 boxes last night, no shipping, but surcharge of $9. Email confirmation does not include tax, for a total of 142.20. Amazing deal if this turns out to be factory ammo. Thanks for posting.
    I bought 10 boxes for just under $113. I had to call as for some reason, when I hit 'checkout', my cart kept showing as empty. Tax was charged as he said Striecher's does business with manufacturers in Maryland. There were 10 or so states in the Sales Tax list, and most did not have brick and mortar stores.

I'd be curious to see if your final charge has tax or not. Maybe buying online exempts the tax.

Streichers collects sales tax for orders shipped to ten states (Minnesota, Wisconsin, South Dakota, Indiana, Illinois, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia and California).

Hynes57

Aug 4, 2010
    Charles Town, WV
    A couple guys i know on other sites ordered this a day prior to me posting my original post. When they get theirs (probably before we do) they said they will post pics of the boxes. I will then let everyone know what's up. If someone get's theirs prior to that please do the same. If it is good stuff i am ordering more before the gun industry b@stards use the upcoming election as a reason to jack up our prices again :)

Pushrod

Master Blaster
    Aug 8, 2007
    WV High Country
    Tried to order. I got caught in and endless loop between the ship to page and the order summary page. It wouldn't let me proceed any further. Logged out and back in and then got out to the link and tried loading the page again, no joy.

Meditator

Dec 9, 2007
    Bethesda MD
    I just called Streicher's and was told that this 38SPL +p ammo (FC-38G) is made by Federal- factory fresh (Not a reload). There is a surcharge of $.60 /box for ammo order.

bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    if anyone orders some bulk and would be interested in parting with a couple boxes i'd be interested.

Gundahar

Sep 4, 2011
    I got this response back:

Thank you for the order, due to massive demand on the closeout ammo we sold out a few minutes prior to your checkout

DOH!

Gundahar

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    The company the OP linked to is Streicher's. They've been around for years and are well respected.

I agree with you about Fiocchi. Seems like bad info on that Streicher's web page. The description is +P lead semi-wadcutter hollow-point rounds, otherwise known as "FBI load", presumably the gray LE box from Federal. AFAIK, CCI Speer doesn't make it. $8.88 per 50 rounds for Federal FBI load seems too good to be true. Makes much more sense for Fiocchi FMJ target ammo.

Good to know. I wasnt willing to take a rick for ammo i really didnt need at the moment, I left Moms that gun for home protection, long as its there it will most likely never need more than the 5 in it.

Hynes57

Aug 4, 2010
    Charles Town, WV
    So the good news and the bad news. My friend in MN received his ammo. It is in fact Federal and factory fresh. However, the bad news is that he says it is aluminum or steel and not brass. No pics yet. I guess someting had to give.

I wish i was going to get brass to reload but at $8.88 a box its beats the heck out the aluminum blazers i paid $15 for at Dick's...

Sorry to disappoint.

OK, so new update. Another friend received his ammo today and it appears that it may NOT be aluminum but instead is Nickel. Not as nice as brass but a heck of a lot better that aluminum. So the point is that i have no freaking clue so we shall see.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom