• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • glock9mm

Ultimate Member
    Jun 5, 2011
    Ceciltucky!
    Today i shot approx. 300 rounds through new my GSG 1911 .22lr and had 4-6 FTF's. Every single time it was the second round that FTF.

I'm assuming this is an issue with the magazine, am i correct or are there other possibilities?

Thanks!

Mason-Dixon Baseball

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Fallston
    Do you have more than one mag? I've got 5000 rounds through mine with less than a dozen FTF's or FTE's, and they were early... IIRC, most of the problem feeds were hollow points....

Mine ate just about any ammo I put through it, with CCI Standard suiting me just fine, cost vs accuracy wise....

Was this the first time you shot it??
    Seems like most of mine FTF's were in the first 5-800 rounds through mine... Give her a chance to loosen up a bit....

glock9mm

Ultimate Member
    Jun 5, 2011
    Ceciltucky!
    The ammo i was using was Winchester 36 gr Hollow Points (cheap stuff).

The gun is brand new and today was the first time i fired it.

Currently i only have one factory mag.

I was not overly concerned about the FTF's since it was a new gun however since it always occured on the second round i thought maybe i have a mag issue.

I'll get some better ammo and see what happens. Any suggestions on good ammo for this gun?

Thanks!

Mason-Dixon Baseball

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Fallston
    The ammo i was using was Winchester 36 gr Hollow Points (cheap stuff).

The gun is brand new and today was the first time i fired it.

Currently i only have one factory mag.

I was not overly concerned about the FTF's since it was a new gun however since it always occured on the second round i thought maybe i have a mag issue.

I'll get some better ammo and see what happens. Any suggestions on good ammo for this gun?

Thanks!

Not Winchester..... Try the CCI Standard ($25 for 500), and A LOT of folks like the CCI Tactical....($20ish for 375)...

Did you strip and clean the gun before shooting?? Mine had a lot of heavy grease on the slide when I first inspected it.....

glock9mm

Ultimate Member
    Jun 5, 2011
    Ceciltucky!
    I did strip and clean the gun prior to shooting it.

Thanks for all your comments and advice i really appreciate it!

With about 2000 rds through my GSG 1911, no problems with high-velocity ammo and later on, most standard velocity, unless the ammo had a waxy lube on it. Don't know why it would be consistently with the 2nd round, though. I'd stick to Mini-Mags for the first 500 or so.

Paul

glock9mm

Ultimate Member
    Jun 5, 2011
    Ceciltucky!
    Don't know why it would be consistently with the 2nd round, though. I'd stick to Mini-Mags for the first 500 or so.

Paul

Thats what has me thinking that i possibly have a mag issue since every time it happened it was on the second round. I know cheap ammo doesn't help but for it to always happen on the second round is odd.

You mentioned Mini-Mags, i saw those somewhere but did not pay much attention to them as i assumed they were for .22 mag pistols. Are they available for .22lr?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom