• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    I am considering switching from my Rage 3 blades to something different. The Rage 3 Blades have killed deer for me, but I have some issues with them. One is removing them from the quiver, I have to pay close attention to them and make sure all blades are locked in place. Its simple to keep an eye on, but a pain in the ass. I worry about a loose blade hanging out if I have to shoot twice. Another problem was that only two blades opened going into the deer I shot yesterday, but some how all 3 opened when it went through the heart. I also lost 2 of my 3 Rage's yesterday so figure it's a good time to consider something new

I have tried the NAP Bloodrunners and really like the design and accuracy, but they whistle going through the air.

Going with Rage 2 Blades has also crossed my mind.

So what do you guys like and recommend?

xtreme43s10

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2007
    maryland, in Mont county
    I've shot the rage 2 blades this year and last, and am going to try something new. I don't like them. I'm leaning towards the g5 T3. I have slick tricks in my quiver for backup shot's and they are a great broadhead. I might even just shoot them from now on.

bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    i like rage 2 blades and spitfire 100's.. haven't messed with many fixed blade ones but muzzies and montec's have killed alot of deer.

ALBY

Jan 5, 2008
    magnus stingers, but you need a home equity load to shoot them.

to be truthful, muzzy's do the job just fine.

joemac

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2010
    West Point Va
    I've read that the best penetration comes from cut on contact broadheads. I also like the idea of the less moving parts the better

itsslow98

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2010
    Harford County, MD
    +1 for NAP Spitfires. LAst deer went 40 yards and fell over, never had to bend over to look for blood i could see ti with a flashlight 10 yards ahead of me the whole way to the deer. DOnt see any reason for me to ever switch.

MDMOUNTAINEER

Glock, AR, Savage Junkie
    Mar 4, 2009
    West Virginia
    Find a decent fixed blade and tune your bow. I became a big fan of carbon express mayhems a few years ago and bought a case when they discontinued them. They fly like a field point and blow through shoulders without a problem. Never had a deer go more than 20 or 30 yards. There are videos of rages doing crazy stuff when they hit hide. I don't trust 'em. I shot a 12 point last year with a mayhem quartering away and turned the opposite shoulder into hamburger and bone fragments. I have an extra pack I'll let you try, I think someone else is marketing them under a different name. I'll find out :)

lax

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Baldwin
    I have used slicktricks with fine results, switched to 2 blade rages last year and they have been great, always get a pass through but I stay off the shoulder. I still want to try the newer g5 t3 since they seem to be an improvement over the rage, they dont use an 0 ring and they are steel with easily replaceable blades so using them on multiple deer isnt a problem from the hunters I have talked to using them

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    After reading many reviews and looking at a lot of different types I feel like I keep going back to Rage 2 Blades or NAP Bloodrunner 2 blades.

My neighbor has a T3 that has a blade that will no longer lock in place. It happened by removing it from the quiver. Same problems the Rages have.

After a long close look, only 2 of the 3 Rage blades opened when I shot a deer Saturday, I had thought 3 opened through the heart but only 2 on impact and now believe that only 2 opened through the heart.

The NAP Bloodrunners seem like they are very tough to open. You really need to apply a lot of pressure to the point in order to get them to expand.

Anybody ever try the F15s with fixed and expanding blades?

Diesel Kinevel

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Frederick, MD
    I switched from my Muzzy 3 blade 100 grain to the Rage 2 blade 100 grain this year. I cannot be happier. They shoot much tighter groups. The videos on the internet of the Rage 2 blades in action were enough for me to want to switch, not to mention my buddy who likes them so much offered to buy the ones I bought if I didn't like them.

-Z

lax

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Baldwin
    I have one or 2 of the f15 expandable. They were offering them for free to test them out, I used one on my opening day deer. Didnt really like them, the rage gave me a better blood trail

the t3 use clips did he mangle one of those, do you have a foam in the top of your quiver? if you use mechanical its best to use the one piece two gripper quivers, like a quickee or lynx

buffalobob

Dec 10, 2009
    DC
    125 gr Thunderheads.

Bow20102.jpg

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    I have one or 2 of the f15 expandable. They were offering them for free to test them out, I used one on my opening day deer. Didnt really like them, the rage gave me a better blood trail

the t3 use clips did he mangle one of those, do you have a foam in the top of your quiver? if you use mechanical its best to use the one piece two gripper quivers, like a quickee or lynx

Not sure, I'm gonna stop over there one day to take a better look at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom