• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mdiesel

Sep 21, 2018
    I want to add a 10mm to the collection.
    I have a sa trp acp 45. Thinking of the trp in 10mm.
    Any suggestions?

DocPeanut

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 20, 2010
    I’ve got a thread a bit down from here asking the same question. I got a lot of great responses and ended up with a Springfield XDM 4.5”. It’s a great shooter but definitely needed a trigger upgrade which turned out to be a simple enough task to do.

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    bren 10

bren 10.jpg

Mr.Blue

Living In A Bizarro World
    Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD
    Glock 20 and never look back. 15+1 capacity and handles the hottest 10mm loads without a hiccup. It’s the most durable/reliable 10mm out there. I wish I didn’t sell mine.

Now if you are big on looks, Glock is not the answer.

Mdiesel

Sep 21, 2018
    Thanks for the replies
    Rock island is nice. I’m not sure what holds me up about it...
    Trp would be awesome I just have a trp already
    Kimber rapide maybe. Still reaching and watching/reading reviews

Mdiesel

Sep 21, 2018
    Glock 20 and never look back. 15+1 capacity and handles the hottest 10mm loads without a hiccup. It’s the most durable/reliable 10mm out there. I wish I didn’t sell mine.

Now if you are big on looks, Glock is not the answer.

I have not held a glock 20. I don’t like the feel of the 17 though

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I'm not critisizing Glocks per se...they're certainly fine firearms...but the G20/21 feel like you're holding a 2"X4" in your hand but without the splinters. I've spent most of my adult life with the 1911 platform and am so used to the grip angle the Glock just doesn't feel natural. It's a matter of training and getting used to it but just something that hasn't been important enough to do.

Mr.Blue

Living In A Bizarro World
    Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD
    I'm not critisizing Glocks per se...they're certainly fine firearms...but the G20/21 feel like you're holding a 2"X4" in your hand but without the splinters. I've spent most of my adult life with the 1911 platform and am so used to the grip angle the Glock just doesn't feel natural. It's a matter of training and getting used to it but just something that hasn't been important enough to do.

I’m a 1911 guy too. I prefer that grip angle as well. That said, I can use both angles now after practice. My muscle memory knows to bend the wrists more with a Glock.

If you have small hands, I’d steer clear of the Glock 20. I also agree that glock ergonomics are not my favorite, but there isn’t a more reliable 10mm out there. The capacity is good too.

Ski169

May 28, 2012
    If you like the TRP but want something a little different, why not the TRP Operator Long Slide? It handles full power loads quite well and it’s been very accurate. The Glocks are fine for what they are but as has been stated, they are chunky. I have the 20 and 40 and enjoy them both, but there’s something about a 1911 chambered in 10mm. The Colt Deltas are very nice as well. The two tone stands out to me but other than that, it’s not any different than any other 1911.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    IF you don't like the feel of the Glock 20/21, try the P80 full-size 20.
    (I call it the NG20. NotGlock20)

A friend of mine has one, and he let me shoot it.
    Granted, I only fired 5 rounds, but, I LIKE IT!!!!!!!!
    It has a Glock OEM slide assembly on it with Trijicon sights.

Totally different feel than my G21 Gen2.

coopdog373

Feb 13, 2009
    herndon
    Friend-I will be listing a pristine Glock 29 in 10mm with and additional .40 cal barrel drop in. Few hundred rounds of loose .40 ammo and several 10mm defense ammo if you can wait a couple of days.

edrod68

Jun 6, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Another option would be a Dan Wesson Razorback 1911 in 10mm.

I picked up a Dan Wesson Kodiak from 2A last year as a 50th birthday present to myself. 6" longslide 10mm 1911 it shoots very smooth and accurate. Heavy but soaks up recoil very well.

I also have a Gen 3 G20...10mm is definitely a favorite of mine.

Best advice is don't get a light gun to shoot this round, a heavy, solid pistol makes shooting 10mm a lot more pleasurable.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    IF you don't like the feel of the Glock 20/21, try the P80 full-size 20.
    (I call it the NG20. NotGlock20)

A friend of mine has one, and he let me shoot it.
    Granted, I only fired 5 rounds, but, I LIKE IT!!!!!!!!
    It has a Glock OEM slide assembly on it with Trijicon sights.

Totally different feel than my G21 Gen2.

Agreed! Recently built a P80 G20 and even Mrs Occam’s small hands can shoot it just fine. It’s a full size grip but doesn’t feel as fat at the Glock original frame. Quite pleasant to shoot - I was surprised.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I own multiple 10mms. Love my 6" TRP Operator and DW Silverback. Like my SA XDM 10. Not mentioning my three 10mm revolvers even though they are awesome. I sold my Kimber 10mm, was nice but recoil was ridiculous compared to other 10mm 1911s. If I were flush with cash again, I'd get the RIA double-stack 1911 in 10mm just to round things out. Glocks are not my thing, I don't want to have to adjust how I shoot handguns just to shoot this one and the chamber support is lacking.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    I recently picked up my first 10mm (and 1st Glock), a gen 3 G20SF, and have about 100 rounds through it. Was actually surprised that it fit my hand pretty comfortably. Overall, I've been impressed with it thus far. I've always preferred the 1911 ergos, though. IMO, It seems kind of silly to only have one gun for a cartridge, unless we're talking oddball or big game calibers. Planning on adding a SA or Kimber 1911 soon. The SA TRP and RO Elite models really look like solid options.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom