• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    The original computer-manufactured bill, Sen. Benson / SB8, was withdrawn a long time ago and is just now being reported as withdrawn today on the Senate floor session. The other versions are still in play in both the House and Senate.

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    Can't have people running around with these: https://www.80percentarms.com/0-billet-ar-15-lower-receiver/

Seriously, I can't think of any actual public safety justification for banning 80% lowers. More expensive and time consuming than just buying a new factory product of the shelf. Chance you screw up and are out all this money. Can't sell it and a built in wait time. Criminals will just go to the black market to dodge paperwork.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Can't have people running around with these: https://www.80percentarms.com/0-billet-ar-15-lower-receiver/

Seriously, I can't think of any actual public safety justification for banning 80% lowers. More expensive and time consuming than just buying a new factory product of the shelf. Chance you screw up and are out all this money. Can't sell it and a built in wait time. Criminals will just go to the black market to dodge paperwork.

It is really all because some kid in Clarksburg brought a completed 80% Glock to school after the Parkland shooting. The school is in Dumais' district and I guess it hit a nerve. Essentially, she views it as though kids can circumvent the age restriction on firearms. Of course, they can also circumvent it in the black market too. Plenty of kids circumvent the firearms age restriction in Baltimore City and shoot other kids after doing so, and it isn't by buying 80's and then completing them.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    as well as that kid

It is really all because some kid in Clarksburg brought a completed 80% Glock to school after the Parkland shooting. The school is in Dumais' district and I guess it hit a nerve. Essentially, she views it as though kids can circumvent the age restriction on firearms. Of course, they can also circumvent it in the black market too. Plenty of kids circumvent the firearms age restriction in Baltimore City and shoot other kids after doing so, and it isn't by buying 80's and then completing them.

recently at Arundel Mills Mall.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County

For heaven's sake, a 12 year old achieved nuclear fusion at home!

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    recently at Arundel Mills Mall.

That kid at Arundel Mills and the one at Clarksburg should be congratulated for their ingenuity and ability. Instead, we make them criminals. All the kid at Clarksburg wanted to do was protect himself from lunatics like that in Parkland. It is a sad state of affairs when our school children do not feel safe going to school, and we refuse to put armed resource officers at the schools.

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016

Well I guess that if they cared about actual crime stats no one would bat an eye lash at ARs.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    It was withdrawn because it had been replaced with SB882. Which is cross filed. This will pass. This is Maryland, This will make some of us, non compliant.

IMO, that’s been withdrawn too. Why?

I will not comply.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads