• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Just read that gun bill day will be Feb 25th.

j26sub

May 8, 2018
    Bump...

Is it the 25th? My wife is due April 1 but was two weeks early with #1...maybe I can sneak out for the day from Western Maryland without too much resistance (probably not). I'd like to testify on as least the one about self defense being g&s. Do I just show up and sit and wait?

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Is it the 25th? My wife is due April 1 but was two weeks early with #1...maybe I can sneak out for the day from Western Maryland without too much resistance (probably not). I'd like to testify on as least the one about self defense being g&s. Do I just show up and sit and wait?

The hearings usually start around 1pm. You can sign up outside the hearing room on the electronic monitor. I believe you have to be signed up before noon. Or someone can sign you up if you're running later.

When the hearing starts there will be time to testify on each bill. Some they call your name, others they just have come up in blocks of 3 or 4.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    Hearings starting at 10.

Per John J's info:

HOUSE - JUD
    February 25, 2019 @ 10 AM - Monday (this is not a typo)

HB 0092 - Public Safety – Handgun Permits – Payment of Fees
    No Position (crossfile SB 0013)

HB 0095 - Public Safety – Firearms Disqualifications – Antique Firearm (Shade's Law)
    OPPOSE

HB 0096 - Public Safety – Regulated Firearms – Transfer
    OPPOSE

HB 0236 – Crimes – Use of a Firearm in the Commission of a Crime of Violence or Felony - Penalty (The Repeat Firearms Offender Act of 2019)
    No Position (crossfile SB 0166)

jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    I would also be interested in testifying and would be coming from Western MD. Justin maybe would could car pool?

I’m so fed up with the way our supposed civil servants treat us as law abiding citizens. I’ve had it with repeatedly being turned into a criminal over time, just for supporting a constitutional right. Trying hard to get some Teaneck buddies to come along so they can see that it does t matter the type of firearm, the gun grabbers want them all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Why do I have a feeling that there will be more (worse) bills later this session?

And quite possibly scheduled or re-scheduled for hearings without notice.

It's the Maryland way.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    Why do I have a feeling that there will be more (worse) bills later this session?

You will not be disappointed.

1 gun a month.
    Long guns are regulated.
    HBARs illegal too
    Long gun qualification license
    Mandatory registrations moving forward
    7 day wait for all guns.
    Private transfers illegal.
    I prolly missed some.....

All with zero affect on crime rates, of course. Slecifics to follow when able.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012

Here is the worst one of recent memory. SB 737 Long Gun Qualification License and private sale background checks. Hearing 2/27

Attachments

• sb0737F BackCheck Private Sales.pdf
      285.7 KB · Views: 1,065

psucobra96

Ultimate Member
    Jun 20, 2011
    So now they want a separate license for long guns? Guess this is British rule, tyrant bastards!

sleev-les

Gata Needs His Gat
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    This garbage is more out of control every year. They don’t stop, don’t care, don’t understand the Constitution. It’s angering that this is allowed to continue and the courts don’t slap these criminals down. I really hope the 2A community comes together this year and makes 2012 look like it was nothing. I know I’m wishful thinking but but would love to see us show up with triple the numbers.

j26sub

May 8, 2018
    I would also be interested in testifying and would be coming from Western MD. Justin maybe would could car pool?

I’m so fed up with the way our supposed civil servants treat us as law abiding citizens. I’ve had it with repeatedly being turned into a criminal over time, just for supporting a constitutional right. Trying hard to get some Teaneck buddies to come along so they can see that it does t matter the type of firearm, the gun grabbers want them all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got vetoed from the wifey. She's having low BP and low heart rate with baby #2. Due April 1 but #1 was two weeks early. Anybody have info on how to send in written testimony? Not like they'll actually read it, but I'd like to at least support the Senate Bill about self defense being g&s. Thanks

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom