• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jlnjca

Nov 8, 2012
    Folks,
    I am in the process of renewing my C&R license.
    On the back of the form in Section C, it asks me to mail the copy of this renewal form to the CLEO.
    Any hint on who this guy is for Montgomery County?

Also, in the signature section at the end of the form, what you put there for "Title"?

Thanks!

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Chief Thomas Manger

100 Edison Park Drive
    Third Floor
    Gaithersburg, MD 20878

The Sheriff in Mont Co is basically a uniformed process server and does jail transports.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    A really simple way to figure it out:

When you call the cops, which jurisdiction shows up? The head LEO of that department is YOUR CLEO. It can be city or county.

Feds don't care, as long as there's a name and address. I mean, they've been sending 1099 equipment to fictitious PDs, right?

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Believe it or not, it's actually several people and the BATFE accepts all of them. Anyone who is the chief of a law enforcement division that has jurisdiction over where you live counts. If you live in a city, the head of the city police force, the sheriff, or the head of the state police are all acceptable to the BATFE. The state or local DA is also acceptable to the BATFE.

In MoCo, it can be the head of the MoCo PD, the Sheriff, or Head of the state police. I've always listed the sheriff and it's been fine. Even though he's not so much as sheriff as you'd find elsewhere, his jurisdiction covers the entire county. This is actually really helpful in some counties where nimrods hold one of the offices and won't sign off on BATFE forms.

Troublesbrewin

Handgunner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 17, 2013
    Ellicott City
    Believe it or not, it's actually several people and the BATFE accepts all of them. Anyone who is the chief of a law enforcement division that has jurisdiction over where you live counts. If you live in a city, the head of the city police force, the sheriff, or the head of the state police are all acceptable to the BATFE. The state or local DA is also acceptable to the BATFE.

In MoCo, it can be the head of the MoCo PD, the Sheriff, or Head of the state police. I've always listed the sheriff and it's been fine. Even though he's not so much as sheriff as you'd find elsewhere, his jurisdiction covers the entire county. This is actually really helpful in some counties where nimrods hold one of the offices and won't sign off on BATFE forms.

Send it to your buddy Brian Pile-o-Frosh. J/k

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom