• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • strapped

Aug 27, 2012
    Carroll County
    I had a tree removed and need someone to remove the heaping pile of dirt/ivy/stump grindings from my front lawn. Its about a 10 foot circumference, 1-2 feet high mound, probably about a pickup truck load. Needs to be picked/shoveled. Will pay cash! Located in North Baltimore/Towson area.

Last edited:

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    I had a tree removed and need someone to remove the heaping pile of dirt/ivy/stump grindings from my front lawn. Its about a 10 foot circumference, 1-2 feet high mound, probably about a pickup truck load. Will pay cash! Located in North Baltimore/Towson area.

Wish I lived closer...I had two 80'+ trees fall over in my backyard during a freak storm a couple of years ago. The biggest left a gaping 10' x 4' hole where the root ball was and I still have to fill it.

Sgt. Psycho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 1, 2009
    Wish I lived closer...I had two 80'+ trees fall over in my backyard during a freak storm a couple of years ago. The biggest left a gaping 10' x 4' hole where the root ball was and I still have to fill it.

You don't want to fill the hole with stump grindings. They will rot and compact, and the level top of your filled area will sink and leave another, albeit smaller, depression in your yard.

Sgt. Psycho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 1, 2009
    Is it accessible for a skid loader?

One of these:

Attachments

• Case_85XT_Skid_Steer_Loader.jpg
      Case_85XT_Skid_Steer_Loader.jpg
      22.7 KB · Views: 130

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    If they ground the stumps the roots will rot and you'll have a sinkhole. I would leave a mound of dirt so that it'll slowly sink and flatten out. I had a bunch of pines cut down an the stumps ground and in a couple of years my whole front yard was sunken areas where the trees were.

Sgt. Psycho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 1, 2009
    If they ground the stumps the roots will rot and you'll have a sinkhole. I would leave a mound of dirt so that it'll slowly sink and flatten out. I had a bunch of pines cut down an the stumps ground and in a couple of years my whole front yard was sunken areas where the trees were.

Correct. What we usually do is excavate all the soil and grindings, then fill the hole with clean fill dirt with a topsoil layer over it or if the hole is small enough, we just fill it with screened topsoil for grass to grow there. The customer is advised about the possibility of future settlement, and they can then have us or another company fill and repair that.

strapped - You are a pretty good distance from me for the size (small job in our terms) of your job, but I will try to arrange something with you if you cannot find a closer company to deal with it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom