• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SummitCnty

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Frederick County
    Does anyone have any experience with either of these two shotguns. I think I have it narrowed down to these two for goose hunting and from what I can tell the main difference is the shell size the A300 takes versus the A350 and the price difference. About $300.

I'm new to auto loaders so I'm figuring this out as I go.

TIA.

doggyjacket

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2016
    MoCo
    The PG County Trap and Skeet Range may have one or both available to rent since they are an authorized Beretta dealer if you wanted to check 'em out. I'd call to be sure though.

Tracker

Aug 21, 2011
    Anne Arundel County
    Does anyone have any experience with either of these two shotguns. I think I have it narrowed down to these two for goose hunting and from what I can tell the main difference is the shell size the A300 takes versus the A350 and the price difference. About $300.

I'm new to auto loaders so I'm figuring this out as I go.

TIA.

Geezzus why did you have to post this? I just looked around on the web and now I want the A300 too. Seems everyone who has one loves this gun. They all say it eats anything you stick in it with no problems. I personally like the look of the oiled walnut model. Nice but not flashy.
    Honey where did I put my keys? I'm going to Bass Pro :D

Tracker

Aug 21, 2011
    Anne Arundel County
    I really did go to Bass Pro and they had 3 of the walnut model in stock. It's a nice gun and shoulders perfectly. Well long story short, now Bass Pro only has two in stock. No vacation for me this year moneys all gone :D

SummitCnty

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Frederick County
    I am leaning towards the 300. My buddy hunts with one and I have used it on a hunting trip and didn't realize that was the model.

I'm going with the Max V pattern.

I have read the same about everyone loving them. Going to check to see if Dicks or BP has them in stock.

SummitCnty

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Frederick County
    I really did go to Bass Pro and they had 3 of the walnut model in stock. It's a nice gun and shoulders perfectly. Well long story short, now Bass Pro only has two in stock. No vacation for me this year moneys all gone :D

Excellent!!

Going to see about the camo one tomorrow!

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I have a300 and al391.. love em both.

A300 is limited to certain amount of shells you can load.. looks like the same for 400s.

Only difference I see is the rotating bolt head.. (400s)

senetor24

Mar 4, 2013
    Great shotgun! I have put at least 1000 round through and never had a hiccup. You can adjust the A300 since it comes with some gear to allow you to customize, I.e. shims, if it doesn't fit quite right.

Tracker

Aug 21, 2011
    Anne Arundel County
    Maybe the kick off recoil system.. .?

I know they made the 300 to be more competitive with other cheaper semi shotguns..

I've heard the 300 described as having a 400XL gas system and a AL391 bolt. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLII-gW1x1M.
    In the vid they mention that Briley has an extended bolt release for the 300 that is like the one on the 391. After using that style on my Stoeger M3K it will be a 'must have' upgrade. I will also probably add Briley's extended bolt handle as well.

Tracker

Aug 21, 2011
    Anne Arundel County
    Great shotgun! I have put at least 1000 round through and never had a hiccup. You can adjust the A300 since it comes with some gear to allow you to customize, I.e. shims, if it doesn't fit quite right.

I think they must have a guy built just like me at the factory who sets them up because every time I shoulder it I am looking straight and flat down the rib at the bead.

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    I bought an A300 last year and love it. Eats everything I put in it. Shoots light skeet loads no problem too. Can't wait for waterfowl season to start!! Leave for Canada in 3 weeks.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I've heard the 300 described as having a 400XL gas system and a AL391 bolt. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLII-gW1x1M.
    In the vid they mention that Briley has an extended bolt release for the 300 that is like the one on the 391. After using that style on my Stoeger M3K it will be a 'must have' upgrade. I will also probably add Briley's extended bolt handle as well.
    Believe they got the bolt part wrong.. a300 is non"rotating" bolt.

:Shrug:

A400
    beretta-a400-xtreme-vs-xtrema-2-5-728.jpg

A300
    C8A484.jpg

Argh..

After more searches..

Al391have different models.. depending which model.. some have rotating bolts .. some don't..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beretta_AL391

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom