• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    Hoping someone can help me. Has anyone purchased the polymer 80 lower in 308? I want to buy one but I'm not sure what uppers will work on them. Polymer 80 says it is designed for DPMS style LR 308 uppers. does anyone know if Palamedo State Armory 308 uppers will work on this lower receiver? Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

friendlyhippo

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 7, 2015
    Glen Burnout
    With all the issues experienced with polymer lowers and PSA uppers (not together, totally separate entities but both have had numerous issues/complaints) you'd probably be better served with a standard forged aluminum 80% lower and an upper from a different supplier. There are just too many kinks to be worked out with both to convince me they're ideal.

Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    With all the issues experienced with polymer lowers and PSA uppers (not together, totally separate entities but both have had numerous issues/complaints) you'd probably be better served with a standard forged aluminum 80% lower and an upper from a different supplier. There are just too many kinks to be worked out with both to convince me they're ideal.

Yea, I think you are correct. I wanted to by/build the polymer80 308 receiver, but with so many variations in the AR 10 platform it's hard to find what parts are compatible with each other. Still haven't abandoned the idea:D

friendlyhippo

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 7, 2015
    Glen Burnout
    Plenty of people have used just a drill press for aluminum lowers, and I know at least two members here have mills that could be utilized, were a chap inclined. I bet someone near you has a mill they'd be willing to let you use for a build. I think, in the long run, if you did the extra legwork to locate a mill or a drill-press-only jig for an aluminum 80%, you'd be much happier than with a polymer. I could be wrong though. :)

Sewer Rat

Ultimate Member
    Can not speak for the other poly lowers; but for the recreational shooter like me, I have not experienced any issues with my P80's. I own plenty of Al lowers, the poly was a novelty for me and my sons to build together.

The 308 P80s, I am thinking about.. again for novelty, escpecially when Al lowers are about the same price. Oldest isn't interested, and right now the youngest is intimidated by the 308s I own (he was standing behind his mother when she shot and the concussion from the muzzleblast startled he and his buddies.... they called it Big Bertha.... none of them wanted to shoot it after that LOL)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom