• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikebalt

Nov 4, 2014
    Catonsville, MD
    I have never been but want to go - hopefully I will have my 03 FFL by then - has anyone been to this show in the past and have good/bad things to say?

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    I've been to this Gettysburg show twice in the past year and its a good show. A little bit of everything for everybody. Harrisburg is going on this weekend and York is next weekend. I haven't been to either but I'm planing on going to the York show next Saturday as I can't make it to Harrisburg. I seem to have better luck finding things I want at the Pennsylvania shows than Chantilly.

bruppert

Dec 4, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    Hmmmm, from Baltimore its about the same distance as the Chantilly show. Decisions, decisions.....

I don't know how many tables are at Chantilly but its a pretty big show. I don't think there was an empty table in the place when I went a month ago.

Anyone know what might be the bigger/better show?

MBalleaux

Dec 14, 2014
    Is it legal for HQL holders to purchase and does anyone know if we need to acquire permits to purchase from our local sheriff departments? Also, what steps are required in acquiring an FFL?

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    Is it legal for HQL holders to purchase and does anyone know if we need to acquire permits to purchase from our local sheriff departments? Also, what steps are required in acquiring an FFL?

how old are you?:rolleyes:

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    This is my favorite show. Always seem to find something I didn't know I was looking for.

I don't go to VA gun shows anymore. Got tired of being treated like crap.

Dealers at Gettysburg seem much more willing to work with MD residents.

If you want AR parts, this us not the show for you. Very slim in that dept. There are some Magpul parts and a guy right when you walk in telling you." You don't know nuthin". He sells UTG and airsoft crap. Avoid that jackwipe and you'll have a great time.

MBalleaux

Dec 14, 2014
    You should head over to the introduction section of the forum and introduce yourself. :thumbsup:
    Yeah sorry if my questions are noobish.. I figured I could get straight to the point answers here rather than scouring the internet to find a bunch of hypothetical's... This would be my first out of state gun show.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Yeah sorry if my questions are noobish.. I figured I could get straight to the point answers here rather than scouring the internet to find a bunch of hypothetical's... This would be my first out of state gun show.

Yep, introduction section, then don't be afraid to show everyone that you're not a typical noob who can't or won't read previous threads or use 'SEARCH'

..and welcome to the forum:D

MBalleaux

Dec 14, 2014
    Yep, introduction section, then don't be afraid to show everyone that you're not a typical noob who can't or won't read previous threads or use 'SEARCH'

..and welcome to the forum:D
    Again yes, I got the hint and did use the introduction and found myself in areas where I found my answers. The youtube link just happened to send me to this thread specifically. (not so much noobish.. just unreliable link) But thank you!

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Again yes, I got the hint and did use the introduction and found myself in areas where I found my answers. The youtube link just happened to send me to this thread specifically. (not so much noobish.. just unreliable link) But thank you!

We all did it. Lets everyone know you are here, and what you are all about.

I felt weird about it too.... Its the right thing to do!

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    The Gettysburg Gun Show is always on my must-see shows;

--Oaks
    --York
    --Harrisburg
    --Gettysburg
    --Redding's Auctions

Between them, there's nothing that can't be found.:D

Honorable Mention:
    --Lebanon