• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Afdiesel

Mar 7, 2013
    Middletown
    Just got my first stamps today and I'm sitting here filling out my maryland registration. Now I'm second guessing myself a bit. I'm the Settlor and my dad is listed along with myself as a trustee. Do I send in just one registration or do I have to send one in for him as well?

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    I got this question answered in writing from the senior trooper in charge. I can post a picture of it later if you want.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    That's what I was thinking. But being in anti gun Maryland, I wanted to be absolutely certain.

I sent in registration forms for both trustees last May (just one check though, screw MD) and got a letter back in December saying the system can only register the gun to one person. The senior trooper hand wrote the note on the bottom of my letter and left my phone number also.

EDIT: The above should saw left his number not my number.

Last edited:

Lex Armarum

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2009
    I sent in registration forms for my both trustees last May (just one check though, screw MD) and got a letter back in December saying the system can only register the gun to one person. The senior trooper hand wrote the note on the bottom of my letter and left my phone number also.

This is correct, to the best of my knowledge, Maryland will only allow registration of a firearm (including machine guns and other NFA items) in a single PERSON's name regardless of whether the feds recognize a trust, business, or other legal creation as the owner.

Incredulous as I was when I was given this information by the licensing division, I asked the woman I was speaking with about how the licensing division handles firearms purchased by an LLC or Corporation. I was told that Maryland will recognize the "responsible party" purchasing the firearm(s) for the business as the record owner and not the business - the owner has to be an individual real person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom