May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    Mines somewhere in here:

295_constitution.jpg

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    nope, won't contribute to this crap- it's just C&R for me until this crap law is repealed, we tar and feather those responsible, or I move to a better state

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Nope.

Only way I will is if I have to in order to receive an inheritance.

Robert1955

Ultimate Member
    Dec 25, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    HQL is simply another infringement on your right to bear arms.

This is true, but for now to purchase another pistol here in the PRM we have to play their game. That said, I don't have mine yet but will in the next month or so once I get around to getting my fingerprints redone.

bmorewineguy

Sep 29, 2013
    Edgewater
    I'm with you on the reasoning but unfortunately I only have a few handguns and would like some more. I couldn't buy the ones I wanted prior to Oct 1st due to funds, AR builds etc. I also have a Taurus pistol that the frame cracked on. I'm going to have to send it back for replacement and will need the HQL to receive the replacement firearm. I've been waiting to send it back until I had the money for the HQL.

I will be getting mine in a couple of weeks now that Christmas is over.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    I do not have an HQL. Never have, never will.

Nope.

Only way I will is if I have to in order to receive an inheritance.

The restrictions on transferring regulated firearms do not apply to, “the receipt of a regulated firearm by inheritance, if the heir forwards to the Secretary a completed application to purchase or transfer that regulated firearm.” This exempts and heir from the entirety of subtitle 1 of the Public Safety Article. Therefore, an heir would be exempt from the HQL requirement (MD PUBLIC SAFETY § 5-117.1) and other transfer restrictions found in subtitle 1, as long the heir forwards a voluntary registration 77r to the MSP.

Norton, PM me if you can, I sent you and DD214 a PM about becoming an IP and haven't heard back.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    I'm with you on the reasoning but unfortunately I only have a few handguns and would like some more. I couldn't buy the ones I wanted prior to Oct 1st due to funds, AR builds etc. I also have a Taurus pistol that the frame cracked on. I'm going to have to send it back for replacement and will need the HQL to receive the replacement firearm. I've been waiting to send it back until I had the money for the HQL.

I will be getting mine in a couple of weeks now that Christmas is over.

You do NOT need the HQL for replacing the firearm or getting it repaired. PM me and we can talk, but you will not need an HQL for the Taurus.

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    I do not, but then, I'm not 21 for another four weeks. I don't plan on staying in MD after college if I can help it so I probably won't get it. I've got no money to spend now anyway. I do plan on applying for my C&R though.

mike_in_md

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2008
    Howard County
    I spent all my HQL money on contributions to help get rid of the legislators that voted in favor of of SB 281...I see that continuing for 2014. Also, I will buy most everything I need out of state, more so, until things improve.

C&RTactical

Jul 24, 2013
    HQL is simply another infringement on your right to bear arms.
    Agreed, and it keeps me from burning more money by buying another handgun. I have just enough money to feed what I have. If I bought another handgun especially in another caliber I would stretch myself to the breaking point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom