• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hynes57

Aug 4, 2010
    Charles Town, WV
    Yes!!! My first "This Thread is Worthless Without Pics!!" reponse ever!!! I was feeling left out :)

I haven't taken any yet...i know i should have but i hate pics man...the wife demands millions of them and i grow tired of photgraphing everything....That said i will take pics of the rifles as it is now and of the bleaching process and so forth.

Rogue780, I will gladly buy the barreled receiver to do the monte carlo stock version. Of course that is only gonna happen if they are much cheaper than the $69 i will pay Aim Surplus for a complete rifle. If not then i will have to create some new history with that older piece. I figure there about 100 bajillion (like my counting? :) ) 91/30's in the world and history can spare one for me. Also, i can always redo do the stock as i find it fun.

HardHatMan

FBHO
    Jul 14, 2009
    Virginia
    Yes!!! My first "This Thread is Worthless Without Pics!!" reponse ever!!! I was feeling left out :)

I haven't taken any yet...i know i should have but i hate pics man...the wife demands millions of them and i grow tired of photgraphing everything....That said i will take pics of the rifles as it is now and of the bleaching process and so forth.

Rogue780, I will gladly buy the barreled receiver to do the monte carlo stock version. Of course that is only gonna happen if they are much cheaper than the $69 i will pay Aim Surplus for a complete rifle. If not then i will have to create some new history with that older piece. I figure there about 100 bajillion (like my counting? :) ) 91/30's in the world and history can spare one for me. Also, i can always redo do the stock as i find it fun.

You should be really glad the mods made FPS stop his tradition of posting pics of, um, "big boned" women if you didn't post pics of your new gun. My first Mosin thread was raped by "portly" women. :lol2:

Mdtom

Jan 23, 2011
    Oliver Beach Md
    Don't forget the chamber, some rifles may have years of old dried grease built up in the chamber. Use bore cleaner and a .50 caliber / 12.7mm brush to clean the chamber really well. This cured my sticker bolt problem.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I've had good luck using a heat gun to remove cosmoline from mosin stocks. The heat will pull the oil up to the surface and can then be wiped off. I have found that chemical strippers only remove it from the surface and when the rifle is taken out on a warm day the remaining cosmoline bubbles up to the top.

You might want to check out this link. http://www.surplusrifleforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=137&t=65922

Hope this helps. Mdeng

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom