• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    I have a mid 1970s Remington 1100 that I either want to overhaul or sell, but I'm curious what it may be worth. I lent it to a buddy some time ago and am getting it back soon to figure out its fate. IIRC it has a 26" or 28" smooth barrel, wood stocks with engravings along with engravings on the receiver. No major blemishes, but you can tell its been used.

If I do keep it, I'm going to cut the barrel down, extended the mag tube, change the furniture, parkerize it, and possibly tap the receiver for a top rail. I need to figure out if overhauling it is worth the money or should I just sell it and buy a new 1100 tac thats already done up the way I want.

ALBY

Jan 5, 2008
    they're not worth much used, but if you take your time and buy quality used parts on the cheap, you can build a great shotgun for not much $$.

grb

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2010
    MT. Airy, Md
    I saw an 1100 trap with an extra skeet barrel go for $400 at an auction couple of weeks ago. Both the gun and extra barrel were darned near new. The skeet barrel was still in a package.

blackthorne

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 31, 2010
    Naptown
    What do you mean by smooth bbl? Are you saying the bbl has no rib? What's the bbl length and choke? If in average condition with no rib, it's worth (to me) $300 to 350. If it has a rib, it's worth up to $100 more. Much depends on condition and configuration. Target guns are worth more than field guns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JOELEWIS419

Latest threads

Top Bottom