• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    From email:

1. Action Item Reminder: Albemarle County protest and vote tomorrow, Wednesday, August 18

2. Alexandria putting up “No guns” signs way in advance of events and keeping them up after the events are over

3. Help Still Needed: Richmond Gun Show on August 28-29

4. Roanoke Gun show for August 21 and 22 is POSTPONED

5. Virginia Democrats handing 5 million dollars to Attorney General and gun-control groups for “gun violence” prevention. Elections are November 2

6. NRA skips Youngkin endorsement, backs Sears and Miyares

7. Gun-controlling Democrats envious of the Taliban?

8. Thought for the day

1. Action Item Reminder: Albemarle County protest and vote tomorrow, Wednesday, August 18

Let’s drop some comments opposing the proposed local gun-control ordinance in Albemarle County here:

https://albemarle.granicusideas.com...pm-regular-second-meeting/agenda_items?page=2

Scroll down to item 17.21-416 and click the “Comments” item by it to leave your comment. You need to create a log in, but that is easy to do.

Reminder:

Well, no real surprises from Albemarle County Board of Supervisors (BoS) on their proposed gun ban. While they had talked about, and seemed to have support for, a CHP exemption, even that concession is not in the new draft. All that was changed from the original draft was to allow those legally possessing firearms to leave them stowed in a locked vehicle while on County property.

ACTION ITEM:

Steve Harvey is organizing another protest against the Albemarle County BoS infringement of our 2nd Amendment Rights. The protest is going to be on Wednesday, August 18th at 5PM at the County Office Building (401 McIntire Rd, Charlottesville, VA 22902), immediately before the Board of Supervisors meets. I’ll see you there!

From Steve Harvey:

That's right, same time, same place as last month. Stick with what works. We stopped them last month, let's do it again. As always, this may be our last chance.

Here is the slightly modified version of Ord 21-10. The proposed changes regarding concealed carry permit holders was not adopted. However, an exemption was added for judges, regardless of the fact that some judges may not have training with firearms. These ordinances have nothing to do with safety. This kind of politically motivated elitist preening has no place in local government.

We generated enough of a spectacle last month that the BoS refused to embarrass themselves further by voting on their unconstitutional proposal. We MUST redouble our efforts and show them this is not a game of cat and mouse. These rights are inalienable. Our forefathers did not sacrifice so that we could sit on the couch while our rights are frittered away before our eyes... Join me Wednesday.

If you're unable to join the protest please consider making your voice heard on the 6 PM Zoom Call. Here is a link to participation guidelines.

Carry is allowed at the protest.

2. Alexandria putting up “No guns” signs way in advance of events and keeping them up after the events are over

Several members contacted VCDL to say that Alexandria had put up “No guns” signs days before an event and the signs were will up a day after the event was over.

I learned about this on Thursday night and called the Alexandria PD to see if they were involved in posting those signs. I reached Lt. P. Alvarez, who was polite and helpful. He assured me it was not his department posting the signs. He sent me a text a short while later and said it was the Transportation and Environmental Services (TES) who put up those signs.

I left a message for a call back from TES on Friday, but I didn’t hear back from them before the weekend.

On Monday I called the City Manager’s office and they arranged for a call back from TES. The lady who called me said she would get the signs taken down. I explained to her that if those signs are up days before and/or after an event, they are going to get someone falsely arrested. Those signs, I said, should only be put up immediately before an event starts and taken down immediately after the event is over.

Those of you in Alexandria, keep an eye out for this happening in the future and let me know if those signs are up early or taken down late. My email is president@vcdl.org.

3. Help Still Needed: Richmond Gun Show on August 28-29

The next gun show is scheduled for August 28 & 29 at the Richmond Raceway at 600 E. Laburnum Ave, Richmond VA 23222. This show will have 800 tables, no occupancy limits and no time slots so this promises to be a very busy show indeed!

We are looking for volunteers for the following shifts.

Saturday, August 28 1p – 5p

Sunday, August 29 10a – 1:30p

Sunday, August 29 1:30p – 5p

We have many new members who want to know how they can support VCDL. Volunteering for a few hours at a gun show is a great way for both new and established members to get involved and support VCDL.

Helping at a gun show is fun and requires no previous experience. First-timers are needed and very welcome.

Gun show volunteers are admitted free. Parking is free. M any of the exhibitor/vendors offer discounts to our volunteers. If you are a first-timer, don't worry, we'll have experienced member-volunteers on every shift to help you.

Mark your calendars. It's time to step-up and get involved!

Contact the VCDL Richmond Gun Show Coordinators, John Gosney and Dave Eckart at: gunshows.richmond@vcdl.org.

4. Roanoke Gun show for August 21 and 22 is POSTPONED

Showmasters has postponed the gun show scheduled for this weekend in Roanoke. No word on the new date yet.

5. Virginia Democrats handing 5 million dollars to Attorney General and gun-control groups for “gun violence” prevention. Elections are November 2

The Democrats budgeted $2.5 million to be given to the Attorney General to spend on “gun violence” prevention. Apparently stabbing, bludgeoning, and other forms of violent crime are OK, but the gun-hating Democrat leadership wants to go after the 8% of violent crime that is committed with a firearm. <eye roll>

Not to stop there, the Democrats allocated another $2.5 million to go to various organizations dealing with “gun violence.” One of those organizations ungratefully said that they really needed $32 million to be successful, but the $2.5 million was a good start!

I’m sick of this. Elections are on November 2. Let’s turn this ship around.

6. NRA skips Youngkin endorsement, backs Sears and Miyares

Two articles on the NRA skipping an endorsement of Glenn Youngkin for Virginia governor are below.

Youngkin may have a similar problem with the VCDL-PAC. The NRA and the VCDL-PAC both require a survey to be returned to them before they will endorse any candidate.

Believe me, VCDL and the VCDL-PAC are more than aware of Democrat gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe’s horrible position on guns.

McAuliffe isn’t afraid to say publicly how he will infringe on our right to keep and bear arms. It would be really refreshing if Youngkin would spell out publicly what he would do to protect and restore our gun rights. Especially when the importance of gun rights is reaching new highs with women and minorities.

By refusing to do surveys, Youngkin is asking voters to trust him and to vote for him because he’s “better than the other guy.”

The problem with that is what I call the “enthusiasm factor.” Youngkin may well get votes from all the people who don’t want a third term for Terry McAuliffe (Northam was basically McAuliffe’s second term). But it’s one thing to vote for Candidate A just because he is better than Candidate B and a whole other thing if Candidate A has got you excited to vote for him because he stands bravely by values that you believe in, too. Such excitement is contagious and spreads quickly.

It is an off-year election in Virginia, but it is still a major one with huge implications. Gun owners need to vote or face four more years of having our rights being stripped from us. But fewer gun owners will get out to vote on November 2 without that enthusiasm factor. Gun owners have been burned too many times by weak-kneed politicians. The ball is in Youngkin’s court.

Finally, to be fair, none of the three candidates running for Governor have answered the VCDL 2021 Statewide Candidate Survey. https://cdn.ymaws.com/vcdl.org/resource/resmgr/pdf/statewide-survey-2021.pdf

Please contact all three candidates and politely, but firmly, urge them to complete the VCDL 2021 Statewide Candidate Survey:

Candidate Party Email
    -------------------- ---------- -----------------------------
    Terry McAuliffe Democrat info@TerryMcAuliffe.com
    Glenn Youngkin Republican glenn@youngkinforgovernor.com
    Princess L. Blanding Liberation princessblandingva@gmail.com

Articles:

https://richmond.com/news/state-and...cle_bbfb0c1a-8d87-5612-bac4-57bfc9f71980.html

https://www.wavy.com/news/politics/...-but-not-youngkin-in-virginia-governors-race/

7. Gun-controlling Democrats envious of the Taliban?

This is has got to be frustrating for gun grabbers. For many, many years they have been trying to disarm American gun-owners with the promise that government would take care of their personal safety. Meanwhile, the Taliban is working on disarming Afghanistan in mere days!

“Taliban fighters in the Afghan capital, Kabul, started collecting weapons from civilians on Monday because ‘people no longer need them for personal protection’, a Taliban official told Reuters.

"’We understand people kept weapons for personal safety. They can now feel safe. We are not here to harm innocent civilians,’ the official told Reuters.”

Of course, reports out of Afghanistan are telling horror stories about the Taliban harming civilians. No surprises there.

When the government says you don’t need guns, YOU NEED GUNS!

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/taliban-collect-weapons-civilians-they-no-longer-need-protection

8. Thought for the day

From a meme sent to me by Linda Meyer:

“I think firearms dealers should sell guns by mail without checking photo ID or verifying signatures.

You know, just like mail-in voting.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom