• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pre64hunter

Mar 19, 2010
    Harford County
    I just came from Walmart Constant Friendship about 11:30. They had a few boxes of Remington 16 gauge field loads and a few boxes of 20 gauge, a box of 243 and a few 22-250
    AND! Federal 22 LR, 325 count $18.xx, about a dozen boxes.
    I know folks have been asking and I've seen a few odd boxes here and there.
    There was no one manning the counter and as I was leaving the store I heard them page someone to sporting good.
    Seems prices have leveled off and maybe the ammo pirates are backing off. I noticed on ArmsList the same guys have the same ammo and new guys are selling cheaper so others have lowered their prices.
    Last fall I bought Hornady FTX 45-70 from midway for $38, it went to $51, now $61, it's a shame.

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    I wish it wasn't so far because I would pick up some of the Federal AutoMatch. $18 is a good deal. I live in Pasadena and it's about an hour drive. Little bit to far. Thanks for sharing.

Knight41

Feb 16, 2016
    I've heard some stores are keeping it off the shelves, so you need to ask for it. Any truth to that?

jamesp15

Jul 16, 2018
    Southern PG
    La Plata Walmart has lots of rifles/shotguns for sale but zero ammo on any of the normal shelves/cabinets. When I asked about ammo the drone at the counter says "I dont think we sell it anymore" and the other drone nearby nodded in agreement.

So either they do not sell ammo anymore but still sell the firearms, or they were just lazy.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Both Frederick Walmarts have been getting a lot more guns recently, especially Savage rifles and Savage/Stevens shotguns. Haven't seen anything on the ammo shelves.

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    I remember when I could get 7.62 nato at Fallston walmart $9 for 20 rounds. 7.62x39 for 4.99 a box. The good old days...

MaicoBill

MDS Supporter
    Aug 17, 2020
    Saturday, the Wal-Mart in Shrewsbury had 66 boxes of 200 CCI Clean .22, according to the clerk . There were maybe 20 boxes at 1:30. I bought 2 at $17.99 per box. There was a 3 box limit.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    Both Frederick Walmarts have been getting a lot more guns recently, especially Savage rifles and Savage/Stevens shotguns. Haven't seen anything on the ammo shelves.

I've noticed the same thing. The one off 26 had a Maverick 88 and several Savage/Stevens today. All under $200.

Mt. Airy has had plenty of firearms as well.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Which ones? The one on 26 and on 85? Gonna have to check them out next time I go to Costco.
    I've noticed the same thing. The one off 26 had a Maverick 88 and several Savage/Stevens today. All under $200.

Mt. Airy has had plenty of firearms as well.

Mightydog, the one on 26 had more inventory as Omegared mentioned. I actually bought a Savage Axis in 6.5 Creedmoor from the one on 85 a couple weeks ago. My first ever Walmart gun. Their inventory doesn't move fast. They need several floor managers to be onsite as one has to be there to approve the sale and then walk the firearm out of the store. First time that I wanted to pick it up, it wasn't possible because only one manager was there.

Not far from the gun counter, their bikes were also restocked. They had a couple months of pretty much no inventory (in multiple Walmarts in Maryland and other states I visited, was always amazed how picked clean this section was). Now they have them back in stock with summer break ending. From famine to feast, looked like a real supply chain issue.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    … had a few boxes of Remington 16 gauge field loads …

Man, a buddy I shoot with here in WNC would give just about anything to find anything in 16ga flavor … poor sog started collecting 16ga double guns decades ago but procrastinated about getting a MEC shotshell reloader and building up a stash of components … !

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom