• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    For the heck of it I called today for a few in process, more just curious to see what it was like. The lady was polite, and said its currently about 7 months.
    Form 4 via SS, Check Cashed 1/13/2021, Pending 1/14/2021
    Form 4 via SS, Check Cashed 1/29/2021, Pending 2/21/2021

Is there a website that one can go to and find out the status of an order? If not, could you please PM me the phone number you called to check on the status of your suppressors? Thanks for the information.

Cal68

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Is there a website that one can go to and find out the status of an order? If not, could you please PM me the phone number you called to check on the status of your suppressors? Thanks for the information.

Cal68

Just search for ATF NFA branch phone number.

Call it. You need the serial number of the NFA item and the name of dealer you are doing the transfer through. They’ll let you know if it is still pending or not.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Just search for ATF NFA branch phone number.

Call it. You need the serial number of the NFA item and the name of dealer you are doing the transfer through. They’ll let you know if it is still pending or not.

Still waiting on my MG paperwork from Mid Nov

Waiting on my can cashed mid November. It’s possible there might be some December dates ones. But I haven’t heard of any. Still seeing October and November breaking free.

Thanks for the phone number information, I'll search for the number and give them a call.

I'm in the same boat as the other two MDS members I have quoted. I bought two cans in mid November but am still waiting for Engage Armaments to give me a call. I hope the stamp comes through soon.

Cal68

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    Before you call you will need to have the serial number(s) of the NFA regulated items that you want to check the status of. If you don't have this you won't be able to check the status. So, have that handy before you call.

National Firearms Act (NFA) Branch Contact Information:

National Firearms Act (NFA) Branch Voice: (304) 616-4500

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Thanks for the phone number information, I'll search for the number and give them a call.

I'm in the same boat as the other two MDS members I have quoted. I bought two cans in mid November but am still waiting for Engage Armaments to give me a call. I hope the stamp comes through soon.

Cal68

Do you know when the tax stamp check was actually cashed? Likely if you bought them mid November, ATF didn't cash the check until about a month later, which is the date you'd work off of on a "guess" as to when it'll clear.

Pretty sure NFA branch can tell you that (Silencer Shop records that information and you can check your order history for it. If it was directly through Engage, depends on if you wrote the check out to ATF on if you can check your bank or if you paid through Engage).

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Well something is weird. Been over 20 days and my check still has not cleared. Have never waited this long for a check to clear. Hope they got my application OK.

Not sure I can find anything out but will call in a week or so and see if they have my latest app on file at least.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Aww man. Of course my in-laws are visiting this weekend and helping me demo some big closets and my master bath to make a 4th bedroom and redo the bathroom.

LGS called when I was taking my son to get vaxed and my stamp is there! So I’ve gotta wait till Tuesday to pick it up now (just can’t take an hour plus to go get it). So close. So close.

So 10/28 my can mailed out.
    11/17 check cashed
    ?/?? Form 4 approved
    5/28 dealer has stamp
    I HOPE 6/1 can and tax stamp in hand

At least when I called about 2-3 weeks ago I was still sitting at “pending”.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Before you call you will need to have the serial number(s) of the NFA regulated items that you want to check the status of. If you don't have this you won't be able to check the status. So, have that handy before you call.

National Firearms Act (NFA) Branch Contact Information:

National Firearms Act (NFA) Branch Voice: (304) 616-4500

Do you know when the tax stamp check was actually cashed? Likely if you bought them mid November, ATF didn't cash the check until about a month later, which is the date you'd work off of on a "guess" as to when it'll clear.

Pretty sure NFA branch can tell you that (Silencer Shop records that information and you can check your order history for it. If it was directly through Engage, depends on if you wrote the check out to ATF on if you can check your bank or if you paid through Engage).

Thanks guys, I will make sure I have the information ready before I call the NFA. My tax stamp was cashed on 12/8

Cal68

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Aww man. Of course my in-laws are visiting this weekend and helping me demo some big closets and my master bath to make a 4th bedroom and redo the bathroom.

LGS called when I was taking my son to get vaxed and my stamp is there! So I’ve gotta wait till Tuesday to pick it up now (just can’t take an hour plus to go get it). So close. So close.

So 10/28 my can mailed out.
    11/17 check cashed
    ?/?? Form 4 approved
    5/28 dealer has stamp
    I HOPE 6/1 can and tax stamp in hand

At least when I called about 2-3 weeks ago I was still sitting at “pending”.

And picked up today! Mine is now officially a two stamp family!

Counting down the days till mine is a 3 stamp family. Form 4 is mailed. Just waiting on the ATF to cash my check and start that months long count down.

forkauto

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Sep 26, 2013
    Hampstead, Md
    Seems the NFA branch is using COVID as an excuse now. I sent in a F4 on 4/2, check was cashed on the 9th. NFA branch still says its not in the system and they wont do anything until 90 days from the time the check is cashed. Thanks Biden

I remember getting transfers done as fast as 6 weeks in the late 90's.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Seems the NFA branch is using COVID as an excuse now. I sent in a F4 on 4/2, check was cashed on the 9th. NFA branch still says its not in the system and they wont do anything until 90 days from the time the check is cashed. Thanks Biden

I remember getting transfers done as fast as 6 weeks in the late 90's.
    Tell me something I didn't know. I wrote a scathing email to NFA Branch about my 5320.20 submissions being disapproved and in 22 hours and 50 minutes, I had a scanned copy that was approved and told I could transport any time I saw fit, because of their "mistakes". NFA Branch can shove COVID encrusted with broken glass shards up it's sanctimonious ass, with chalk dust for lube.

The NFA needs to be repealed, just to disband the stupidity of NFA Branch.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Those are rookie numbers in this business. You gotta pump those numbers up, kid.

Maybe eventually. Odds are going I’ll stay at 3 stamps for a long time. Eventually I might get a dedicated 223 suppressor and might get another rimfire can. Especially if there is ever a deal to get a 223 can, get a rimfire can on sale or something like that.

Until then I just don’t own enough guns (yes I am working on that too) to really be worthwhile a ton of suppressors. Maybe at some point. Technology marches on. Probably some day a much better 30 cal can will exist that is worth the wallet pain of possibly shelling out $1000-1500 when all is said and done. I know my Omega 300 is not THE best 30 cal can out there, but it was the right blend for me. Depending on cost and suppression performance I could see getting a dedicated aluminum hunting 30 cal can.

Other NFA items are either way to much $$$ and I can’t justify (DD/MG) or else even if I can form 1 it like an SBR I just don’t want to live with the transport restrictions, which likely would almost never matter as I’d probably almost never care to take it out of state.

If NFA wasn’t a thing or tax stamps were free or dirt cheap, yeah I’d probably go all Pokémon on them. Butttt...

Enough of an ass pain to only get what I need. Maybe some day I’ll add a bit more of what I want.

That said if I could legally own a Vz61 in MD and I had the spare cash AND my wife wouldn’t rip me a new one for buying one, I would absolutely go for a 2 (or 3!) stamp MG Vz61. Integral suppressor maybe...actually maybe that’s how I’d get it to MD legal...

Though they are banned by name (not sure if that applies to the SMG or the newer handguns. I think it’s the original SMGs)

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    My paperwork was mailed the 24th of may on a dead air sandman-s.

I am pretty excited about this one. Gonna be # 3 for me. I have a mask hd that I love and a wolfman that I have a love hate relationship with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom