• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • martman

MDS Supporter
    Jun 2, 2017
    I've never fished in the winter, and I've never walked a stream when it wasn't nice and warm outside. I think its time to change that.

Any advice on what to buy? Any stores worth checking out in person?

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    Breathable waders are the most comfortable as are waist waders. Wear layers underneath for warmth. Learn how to walk feeling with your forward foot and keep the weight on the rear leg and keep a change of clothes in the truck. Nothing will ruin your day like going under in cold water!!!

No local store recommendations. Rogers sporting goods online.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Breathable waders are nice and much easier to walk in.

I have frog togg brand but mine weight like 500lbs. I’ve used them salmon fishing upstate, trout fishing western md, and a multitude of duck hunts.

I wouldn’t hesitate to buy this brand again. Whatever you do avoid those hodgeden or whatever they are all rubber waders. They give you about 2 seasons and you’ll spring a leak.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Not sure if these are the ones to avoid but, without benefit of reviews or for that matter any time to do any meaningful research, we got a teenage grandson a pair of these as his first this Christmas. Haven’t heard of any leaks yet; however; if they last two seasons I’ll be surprised (that boy is HARD on his Eqpt!) https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/ma...neoprene-bootfoot-wader#repChildCatid=4783140

Academy has a pretty extensive selection, depending upon the season ... when he gets older, perhaps a more expensive pair of frog toggs

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Whatever you get, bootfoot or stockingfoot with seperate wading shoes, remember that Maryland banned felt sole boots due to rocksnot.

I thought that was a nation-wide ban. I could be wrong, but it should be.

TLL

God Bless America
    Jan 6, 2011
    Virginia
    Foot foot waders pressed very hard on my protruding ankle bones. Not comfortable at all when in deep and walking. Thick socks did not help much. That's just me.
    Sock foot and tennis shoes for me.
    Wading in Galveston Bay turned my waders nasty stained from the oil in the water. This was near Texas City.
    I have the felt soles on one pair and I think a good coating of Shoe Goo might work ,after cutting off all the felt you can.

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    Yer going to need a really strong arm to lose a gun wading. You might need deeper waters. Ever consider a boat?:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom