• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cadet08

Gone
    Nov 13, 2006
    Hey sorry for not posting in about 5 years. I have not lived anywhere near MD or DC or VA for the past 5 years.

Can anyone give me the down and dirty on DC armor laws and laws applying to non firearm weapons?

Cadet08

Gone
    Nov 13, 2006
    Stab proof armor or a level III vest. Given what happened this weekend, I would like to be prepared to defend myself if I went to any DC political events.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I'm unaware of any prohibition. Be prepared to be contacted by any police officer who notices it.

Cadet08

Gone
    Nov 13, 2006
    Thank you. Also one other question, is it possible to get a non resident CCW in DC? I know the answer was no years ago, but I can only find the decisions of allot of court cases and no clear answer on the subject.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Yes ! Yes you Can !

But will require the specific 16hr training class , have to register any pistol(s) you would carry , rules about what and how to carry , where prohibited , etc .

Supposed to take 90days from submitting . But commonly @ 88 days will evoke the clause that the investigation is taking longer than expected , and claiming 90day extension . At more recently , all DC Gov't administrative activity is at near standstill because of Zombie Apocalypse .

So yes , DC has Shall Issue ( specifically including non- residents ). But if you started now , you'd be doing good to have it by summer .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom