• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    My work has me out in Oakland this week and I was wondering what shops are in the area? I often just like to see what places have in while I’m in different areas in MD for work but this is my first time out this way.

Also what good restaurants are out this way? I gotta stay within my per diem but I don’t want McDonald’s or Taco Bell every night.

jamesp15

Jul 16, 2018
    Southern PG
    Hafers just west of Hagerstown is very nice and if your going out i70/US40 its on the way out or back. Thats the only shop I am familiar with in the area. I am sure others will chime in with suggestions.

Park ranger

Ultimate Member
    Dec 6, 2015
    Unos, pine lodge, green turtle, Annie's, castleman bakery, cornacopia, Penn alps, are pretty good.

Conundrum

Oct 19, 2007
    WV
    Three Guys - Cresaptown (Cumberland)
    Queen City Armory - Cumberland
    Sang Run Sport Shop - Oakland
    D & B Sport Shop - Deer Park
    Backbone Mtn. Sport Shop - Outside of Oakland along Rt. 50.

Gliderkit1

Aug 8, 2019
    Frederick county
    D&B sport is good stoped in to get some bait a few months back ended up talking with the owner for half hour about guns and politics . Had a decent selection and good guy

Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    I 2nd D&B been stopping in there for years .Always try to buy something , good people in there. Try Heidis to eat , believe Mennonite owned . More of a breakfast / lunch kinda place .Good prices home cooked food . I like getting away from the commercialized parts of the lake . Although I like Brenda’s but it’s always packed . Another pizza place in Oakland , name escapes me it’s close to railroad tracks in town . Go over tracks /bridge it’s on left . If you know Oakland it’s close to the parking lot that’s by the train museum. Must say most places around lake are decent. Gas station right off 68 / 219 exit stop in there get ammo and targets by Savage, ammo little pricey but they always have it.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    I'll also put a plug in for SRSS in Oakland. Great folks! :thumbsup:

In addition to what's been said there's Bob's in Ridgeley, WV. It's just across the Potomac south of Cumberland (in America): https://bobsgunsandbows.com/

If you're out in Garrett Co on Sunday morning - you're welcome to come intro yourself and join a Hooligan shoot... :innocent0

ThunderStick

May 12, 2013
    Garrett County
    I 2nd D&B been stopping in there for years .Always try to buy something , good people in there. Try Heidis to eat , believe Mennonite owned . More of a breakfast / lunch kinda place .Good prices home cooked food . I like getting away from the commercialized parts of the lake . Although I like Brenda’s but it’s always packed . Another pizza place in Oakland , name escapes me it’s close to railroad tracks in town . Go over tracks /bridge it’s on left . If you know Oakland it’s close to the parking lot that’s by the train museum. Must say most places around lake are decent. Gas station right off 68 / 219 exit stop in there get ammo and targets by Savage, ammo little pricey but they always have it.

Tomanetti's in Oakland

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    ...Gas station right off 68 / 219 exit stop in there get ammo and targets by Savage, ammo little pricey but they always have it.
    This is Keysers Ridge Trading Post. Used to have a selection of about 30-40 new & used guns. Got a helluva deal on a pre-ban AR back in the day. I don't know what they have these days.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Enjoyed it in the past, but last time I was there it was just a regular convience store, do they have guns/ Sporting Goods again ?

j26sub

May 8, 2018
    Come visit my home..."jj's ammo." Just kidding...I have had jack-shit to sell since April. I'd have to pay someone full-time wages to click refresh on my distributors' websites to get any ammo while I'm working. Frustrating times!!

Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    I ended up having to come back a day early and worked late most days but I was able to check out D&B guns the other day. Was driving right by it every day going to my jobsite.

I think I also drove by the Holligans range on my way out of town today. It was a pretty nifty looking range from what I could tell from my quick drive by. A heck of a lot different from the ranges up here in Frederick. Is it just the type of place you can go to any day, any time(obviously day light hours)?

It looks like I will be back out that way the some of next week as well, so hopefully I can visit a bit more of the area. I had some car troubles on Monday, so I tried keeping some of the extra miles to a minimum. driving those mountains on 68 was a little rough today with my car in low power mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom