• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 101combatvet

BANNED!!!
    Dec 7, 2011
    I was called on Friday by someone claiming to be surveying for the NRA. Did anyone get a similar call? I refused to answer the survey questions because I had no idea who I was speaking too. Anyone else experience this?

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Kept getting a "unknown" call every night. Blocked the number. Called it on my cell phone and it was the NRA. Told them I am on the "do not call" list. They said "sorry". Until next years robocalls.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Kept getting a "unknown" call every night. Blocked the number. Called it on my cell phone and it was the NRA. Told them I am on the "do not call" list. They said "sorry". Until next years robocalls.

If you're an NRA member you have a business relationship with the NRA I think that exempts them from the "do not call list" rules

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I also belong to AARP, AAA, VFW, AL and a few others BUT I only get the robocalls from NRA! And if it's so important to them then why doesn't the number come up as NRA? When it's as "unknown" its fishy to me and I don't answer.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I have a free app on my phone that'll block these telemarketer and scam calls. Since I've been using it I think the number of these calls getting through has dropped by 90%

101combatvet

BANNED!!!
    Dec 7, 2011
    Thanks everyone, I thought it might be a trick from someone fishing for information/opinions.

101combatvet

BANNED!!!
    Dec 7, 2011
    Can you share that app? I get swamped with real estate scam calls.

I have a free app on my phone that'll block these telemarketer and scam calls. Since I've been using it I think the number of these calls getting through has dropped by 90%

tourrider

Grumpy
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 9, 2009
    Corry, PA
    NRA never, but I have been getting some voice mails from IRS Criminal fraud division to inform me that a warrant is out for my arrest, so I should immediately call them back at this number.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    NRA never, but I have been getting some voice mails from IRS Criminal fraud division to inform me that a warrant is out for my arrest, so I should immediately call them back at this number.

Don't worry, you can clear that up by sending them a few thousand dollars worth of random gift cards as a "good faith" first installment.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Can you share that app? I get swamped with real estate scam calls.

That is correct.

Now what is that app?

AT&T Call Protect. Not sure if it's only for someone with AT&T service or not.
    Most of the time the questionable calls won't even ring, the only way I know about them is when I look at the call log. Once in a while the phone will ring and "telemarketer" shows up in caller iD

101combatvet

BANNED!!!
    Dec 7, 2011
    I think I had this app transfered to my phone by another caller. I believe it identifies you to others with the app, not sure I like that. Just more information that gets on the web about you. :sad20:

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    When I choose to answer a call from an unknown number, I pick up the phone and remain silent. A robocall will register that as a dropped call and hang up. A person will say"hello" the pause allows me to listen and determine if I hear the background murmur of call center voices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom