• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Squad40

$240 worth of pudding
    Mar 28, 2009
    Shot my new 220 Elite for the first time today and had a problem with the trigger working correctly.

It usually happened on the last round in the mag, but a few times it happened earlier. It felt like the trigger was disengaged. You can squeeze it, but it doesn't do anything. If I de-cock it and shoot it DA it works fine, or if I wiggle the trigger a little bit you can feel it catch again and fire it SA.

Is this a common issue with the short reset trigger?

tundramuscle03

Beer Jockey
    Mar 19, 2007
    Dundalk Noob
    I've already put 100 rounds through my Elite and I didn't have any issues with mine....althought, i did strip it down and clean it up a little before firing, it had lots of libe in inside....might see if Dan can take a look at it for ya

Squad40

$240 worth of pudding
    Mar 28, 2009
    Yeah, I put 100 through mine today. I'm hoping it's a minor issue. I haven't turned up anything on my search so far.

SRTMO

Apr 29, 2009
    Ceciltucky
    Are you releasing the trigger far enough for it to reset? If you are, the trigger bar spring may be broken, it could have come out of it's proper position, or it was installed incorrectly. The short trigger doesn't have anything to do with reset so, it's not going to be part of the problem.

Squad40

$240 worth of pudding
    Mar 28, 2009
    I figured out what is causing the problem. I don't know why, or how to make it stop though.

It's doing this

1130090124.jpg

Instead of this

1130090124a.jpg

X-Factor

I don't say please
    Jun 2, 2009
    Calvert County
    Dude that's nuts. Never heard of that.

I've put several THOUSAND rounds through my Sig and had zero problems. Ok that's not entirely true, but the few issues I DID have were all related to a bad recoil spring (super stiff, led to some short cycling type problems) that I was forced to install or a few bad mags.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    looks like it is getting stuck in the disconnected position. put a couple drops of oil on the side of the sear and trigger bar contact areas, dry fire it, holding the trigger down, cycle the slide by hand, then reset the trigger, possibly by wiggling it, do this a few times, and it should run fine, if not, then it has to go back to SIG.

Squad40

$240 worth of pudding
    Mar 28, 2009
    Fixed.

Dan took care of it today. Trigger bar needed a little tweak. Need to go back to the range to make sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom