• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    ok ... noob question, will this be held in the rain? I'm actually hoping for the snow.
    Looks like your wish came true. It's actually quite pretty out there today. Wanted to stay until the first set of squads finished, but have kid duty this afternoon, so left after a few stages. Here's what part of the range looked like with three different stations in the background before rain and snow ...

4f3bd93987f4f388c45a220fd239cb40.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    now that my fingers have thawed i can type, and yes, it was certainly "challenging". big ben and ttmd deserve a big thank you for their efforts at getting this up and running. great to see all who could make it. until next time...

ultraplanet

Shooter
    Jan 10, 2013
    Swanton
    I'm thawed out now too. First time I shot a match in the snow. Thanks TTMD I had a great time! It was nice to see everybody again. Looking forward to the season!

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Despite the elements it was a great match. Good stages, great atmosphere and a fantastic time.

Many thanks to everyone who put this together, I will definitely be back.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    now that my fingers have thawed i can type, and yes, it was certainly "challenging". big ben and ttmd deserve a big thank you for their efforts at getting this up and running. great to see all who could make it. until next time...
    Good seeing you, Woodstock. What time did our squad finish up? How were the final stages? Shooting in the snow presents difficulties, but in retrospect, it's fun practice.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    damn, I should have went, I wanted to be sure it was on before driving out but I couldn't find any rain update, called a phone # but no answer. Is IDPA paper targets? no, don't answer that, I'll do some research before I bother y'all with simple questions again.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Mostly cardboard targets with occasional steel. Cardboard is covered by clear plastic bags during rain so it won't get soaked and fall apart. Targets are reused by lifting the plastic and covering bullet holes from the last shooter with brown colored pasties.

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    Good seeing you, Woodstock. What time did our squad finish up? How were the final stages? Shooting in the snow presents difficulties, but in retrospect, it's fun practice.

2:45/3:00 or so.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I have to get out there sometime. It's been almost 2 years since I've made it to a match :(

bm3r

Mar 25, 2013
    Thanks again Troy, Charlie, and everyone I met!

I had a wonderful experience! :thumbsup:

Chasbo00

Jun 30, 2012
    Northern VA
    This was a really good match. Relatively simple stages for new shooters, yet challenging for even well experienced shooters. Hats off to TTMD the match director, and all the other folks of Frederick IWLA who helped put this match on.

The weather (a mix of rain. sleet and snow) provided me, an admitted and ordinarily fair weather shooter, the opportunity to test out my clothing/gear performance in this type of weather. I learned a new thing or two and reinforced some prior knowledge in this arena. IDPA, regardless of the weather, is a great way to see how well your gear really works for you.

I'll definitely be back to Frederick IWLA for more IDPA matches. As always, I enjoyed seeing several familiar faces and meeting some new folks who also enjoy shooting.

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    Thanks again Troy, Charlie, and everyone I met!

I had a wonderful experience! :thumbsup:
    It was good having you shoot with us. Keep focusing on the basics of safe gun handling & the knowledge of the rules & the speed will come. Well, the rules knowledge will come if you regularly review the rules, & some of us are still waiting on the speed part to show up. :)

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    It was good having you shoot with us. Keep focusing on the basics of safe gun handling & the knowledge of the rules & the speed will come. Well, the rules knowledge will come if you regularly review the rules, & some of us are still waiting on the speed part to show up. :)

:lol2::thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom