• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    Has anyone used a ProMag 32 round magazine in their Gen2 Sub 2000?

I know people seem to like ProMag, or hate them, usually, and I've used one in a Springfield Armory XD-9 with no issues.

I am curious about using one in this rifle...does anybody have any experience trying one in their Keltec Sub 2000 Gen 2?

Or should I try to locate a Glock 33 round magazine instead?

ProMag is $25 and available (with a drive to Delaware).

The Glock one is $40, but backordered where I tried to get one.

If nobody else has tried, I may get one (ProMag) and test it. Just hate to drive up the road for a trial and error thing...:sad20:

Or just use the G17, standard capacity (17 rd) mags and call it a day...lol

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Every time time I've heard the name pro mag, the word "SUCKS" has usually been in the same sentence ;)

T'Challa

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 24, 2013
    Wakanda

I know people seem to like ProMag, or hate them, usually, and I've used one in a Springfield Armory XD-9 with no issues.

I am curious about using one in this rifle...does anybody have any experience trying one in their Keltec Sub 2000 Gen 2?

If nobody else has tried, I may get one (ProMag) and test it. Just hate to drive up the road for a trial and error thing...:sad20:

I can't wait to get a sub2000 .:thumbsup:

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    Every time time I've heard the name pro mag, the word "SUCKS" has usually been in the same sentence ;)

I know the other ugly 9mm carbine (HiPoint) will void your lifetime warranty if using ProMag magazines...How they'd know, is beyond me, but I guess they cause an issue that's unique??

Maybe I'll just add some more Pmag 17 rounders, since they'll work in my G19 too.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I have a couple GLock 33 rounders that work without any issues. I dont have a Promag, but I have heard the same (they suck). Spent the extra coin on the Glock. It is really fun doing a mag dump with the 33 round mag out go the Sub 2k.

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    I have a couple GLock 33 rounders that work without any issues. I dont have a Promag, but I have heard the same (they suck). Spent the extra coin on the Glock. It is really fun doing a mag dump with the 33 round mag out go the Sub 2k.

Yeah, I guess I'll just hold out for the Glock mags. Supposed to go to Harrisburg in a few weeks anyway.

Finally find the rifle, now can't find the 33 round mags...lol. :sad20:

bshedwick

Apr 3, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I purchased one of the ProMags at the Cabelas in Delaware. I ran it through my Gen 2 sub2k a few times and have not had any issues. I also ran it in my g19 without any issues.

I think I need to test it more to get a more scientific sample size :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    I purchased one of the ProMags at the Cabelas in Delaware. I ran it through my Gen 2 sub2k a few times and have not had any issues. I also ran it in my g19 without any issues.

I think I need to test it more to get a more scientific sample size :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm, well I have to go as far as JLowes soon anyway, and it's only another, what 15-20 miles up 95??? :lol2:

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX

As of 15mins ago, I can confirm:D

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo

If you want to use after market I would suggest you use the Korean ones by KCI. I would only use them for the range if you intend to use the gun for self defense at all please get real Glock magazines. The KCI aftermarket mags work great and they are far cheaper than factory mags. If you would like you can try out one of my 33 rounders by KCI vs one of my 33 round Glocks for comparison before you buy.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    promags are pieces of shit.

They are made from non reinforced mystery polymer- and they do not hold up well at all.

Also their follower design sucks butt.

I feel like magpul put out glock mags recently.

Anyways, do NOT get the promag. It will break, and for what you get the damn thing should be 8 bucks TOPS.

Just bite the bullet and get the glock mag, or even the korean knock off glock mags

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    promags are pieces of shit.

They are made from non reinforced mystery polymer- and they do not hold up well at all.

Also their follower design sucks butt.

I feel like magpul put out glock mags recently.

Anyways, do NOT get the promag. It will break, and for what you get the damn thing should be 8 bucks TOPS.

Just bite the bullet and get the glock mag, or even the korean knock off glock mags

Yeah, pmags are nice. If they would start making the 30 rounders that'd be awesome:party29:

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    Yeah, pmags are nice. If they would start making the 30 rounders that'd be awesome:party29:

Yea, I have 4 pmag 17 round mags. And one Glock mag that came with the rifle. They don't drop out easily like the Glock one does, but do lock in fine. You just have to help them out of the mag well slightly.

Probably go shoot it after work Monday....not dealing with the normal Freestate weekend crowds....

Thanks for the offer to try both. I may try one KCI of I find a source.

I've never seen the kci mags. Where, or should I say, who sells those?

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    they are everywhere
    http://www.kcimags.com/glock-17-9mm-33-rounds/

google search.

They are basically the tapco magazines of glocks.

They are very good in terms of basic use, and if I absolutely had to I would trust them with my life- but there are better options available.

Also, those magpuls probably aren't dropping free because of the lack of a metal liner, too light to really want to drop out of there.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    The KCI (Korean) mags have weaker/lighter springs and the internal mold flashing needs to be cut away and removed. If you take them apart and clean the flashing from the inside and spray them down with a good silicone lubricant... they work just fine. And you can also replace the springs with OEM Glock or Wolff springs and make them even better yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom