• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    In a single pass on aluminum, though I typically take it a bit deeper. It'll cut through the side of a mag well on an AR lower w/ enough passes.

That's good to know. I'd rather drive to Rockville then risk the US Mail.

lennyk

Jan 11, 2013
    Woodbine
    Awesome to have this available. Do 80%'s need to be serialized before being accepted for the engravings? (completed lowers). Contemplating some heirloom project.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    Good stuff. For NFA, can you cover any AR locations which may require disassembly (example: trigger guard, buffer tube)?

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    Good stuff. For NFA, can you cover any AR locations which may require disassembly (example: trigger guard, buffer tube)?

If the TG pivots as per usual, you should be able to get it engraved next to the trigger hole no issue. The buffer tube shouldn't be a problem, I just did the magwell on one of my lowers and didn't take the stock off out of shear laziness.

A stripped lower will always be easier, but I should be able to make pretty much anything work.

lennyk

Jan 11, 2013
    Woodbine
    Nate,

Please post what you all would like to see file wise. .EPS, etc. USB drive, etc. Max image size foot print for the mag well's, how many lines per side, etc. To have the availability for walk in service is amazing. I am excited for you guys as well as trying your service.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    Nate,

Please post what you all would like to see file wise. .EPS, etc. USB drive, etc. Max image size foot print for the mag well's, how many lines per side, etc. To have the availability for walk in service is amazing. I am excited for you guys as well as trying your service.

SVG is easiest, but I can convert pretty much anything vector or non-vector. STL for 3D engraving (this I'm playing with now). USB or email for files. Rotary stuff I'm still messing with also.

Image size is just depends on where you want it engraved, it's all scalable. Text size outside of NFA requirements is completely up to you, you can literally get text enraged that is only legible when you look through a jewelers loop.

If anyone wants to come by and just see this crazy thing work feel free!

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    Had a few people ask about trigger area engraving. This is one of my lowers that I pivoted the TG out of the way and left the stock on while engraving.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      66.7 KB · Views: 678

slowpoke

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Annapolis
    I was at a trade show last summer and a guy was demonstrating laser engravers. Unbelievably cool. I used his laptop to find a graphic, and 4 minutes later my knife looked like this:
    FullSizeRender (3).jpg

Nate I'll definitely be by when my suppressors comes out of the penalty box.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    I was at a trade show last summer and a guy was demonstrating laser engravers. Unbelievably cool. I used his laptop to find a graphic, and 4 minutes later my knife looked like this:
    View attachment 166529

Nate I'll definitely be by when my suppressors comes out of the penalty box.

We've done a ton of knives already, it's an absolutely amazing machine.

Here is a 3D engraving of the Batman symbol.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      24 KB · Views: 698

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    Christopher Walken seemed to be a hit, here is an SVG I converted to engrave vs the earlier Bitmap image.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      57.3 KB · Views: 672

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads