• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Hmmm. Will have to check this place out when it opens. I wonder if they'll do lunch takeout.

Reading the article and the expanse of their menu the overhead on this place is going to be pretty high. Hopefully they can stay afloat.

Yes you can order takeout. Actually when the system finally works you'll be able to order the food directly from the website :thumbsup:

The last few years it was owned/operated by someone who bought it from Jim (maybe around '02-'03) but still operated under the name.

Yeah, the last owners didn't do it justice from what I understand. I think that will be turned around.

Plainolme

Sep 16, 2010
    Severna Park, MD
    I know that was the spot when I was at DINFOS on Ft Meade back in '01 and it was still the spot for the students back in '06-09 when I returned. That said, I haven't been there since '01.

Shemp

Feb 21, 2013
    Out There
    I went Thursday night. The food was excellent as was the service. The owner came to our table and talked for a while. They also own Annapolis smoke house. They had a limited menu for now. The full menu will be available soon. We will definitely go back.

bruppert

Dec 4, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    Jim's

That was a great place to go when we lived there 2000 - 2005. I shot my pool team out of there for a couple sessions, we would go there for dinner, or maybe snacks and Keno. Would go on Fri. or Sat. night and the place was always packed and fun.

They sold the place but I can't remember when, might have been when we lived there.

Time warp to 2010 or so. We went back a few times when shooting on the league, the place was almost empty. It was kinda sad, I really liked going there when we lived the Piney Orchard. Really was a nice place. You had a bar in the front for the older folks to BS, then in the middle was a couple areas for dinner, then the back bar which the young people hung out and they had a couple pool tables. Other than Karaoke night, the place was great.

Hope they do well again

rdc

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2010
    Middlefingurton
    I stopped in yesterday. Never went before. My burger was pretty good. The fries were ok. The bill wasn't too bad and the service was good. I'd go back

mgrs

Nov 30, 2013
    Anyone been back since they've reopened? Very curious about impressions.

They are trying very hard to establish the "viral marketed we still a hole in the wall but turned it around" reputation. Food is pretty good and beer selection is solid. They also do brunch on Sundays. Reasonably priced and overdo the old bay like most places here...

A little more family friendly than when it was Jim's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom