• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I do not actually believe he can get a ban passed in the current Congress but i will admit i am freaked enough about this causing a spike in prices that i am putting my plans to buy a J-frame on hold and looking at AR's for the first time. I always figured i would get one eventually but i never bothered to seriosuly consider one until now....seriously...considering selling several guns to help finance the purchase...

It may be cheaper for you just to become more involved in the campaigns of gun-friendly politicians. Rather than trying to dump money into a gun you think will be banned, prevent them from being banned in the first place by helping pro-gun people get in to office.

Hynes57

Aug 4, 2010
    Charles Town, WV
    The problem is that i am very middle of the road in my views and i do not vote one issue. Show me someone in my areas that i do no think is an idiot on other important issues and i am game....goodluck :) Also, the prices will spike anyways as the fear will allow the fat cats in the industry to pocket the new cash.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Banning AK 47's is just step one in his plan to ban all guns. I don't think he will attempt this before his re-election. My guess is after the 2014 elections, if he can't ban guns with Congress, he will ban them by executive order.

yellowfin

Pro 2A Gastronome
    Jul 30, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    Ya know, it would be nice if our side actually explained to the uninformed public that the AK's origins are actually quite humanitarian, that a wounded veteran designed it in order to improve the survival of his fellow soldiers who were previously viewed as disposable. While used by some people with bad intent, it is also the best implement for people in many parts of the world who find themselves faced with oppression and outright genocide to defend themselves and their families. I for one am proud to own a Kalashnikov and I'm sick of having our side smeared without sufficient effort at rebuttal.

Why don't we take away their favorite boogeyman and make them look really stupid for using it?

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    His true agenda in regard to firearms was never a secret to the American public hence the surge in firearm sales with his election.

God forbid he is reelected there will of course be another huge surge in firearm sales and with good reason.

I thank you all in advance for supporting the gun industry and helping pay my wages. :D

There's an industry term for this and it's called a "tactical spike". Everything that people think they can't get is already flying off the shelves. I bet the gun show in Chantilly will be a nightmare this weekend...

chris12138

Kitchen Table Machinist
    Jul 12, 2011
    St Marys
    The problem is that i am very middle of the road in my views and i do not vote one issue. Show me someone in my areas that i do no think is an idiot on other important issues and i am game....goodluck :) Also, the prices will spike anyways as the fear will allow the fat cats in the industry to pocket the new cash.

Those dang fat cats:rolleyes:

I thank you all in advance for supporting the gun industry and helping pay my wages. :D

There's an industry term for this and it's called a "tactical spike". Everything that people think they can't get is already flying off the shelves. I bet the gun show in Chantilly will be a nightmare this weekend...

You can bet your ass lol.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    figured i'd toss in a conversation i had on my facebook page with an anti-gun friend of mine here for you'all to steal from/critique. She was wondering why anyone but soldiers would need an ak.
    ...(stuff to her)...As for ak stuff, I'd love to take you shooting sometime to give it a try...and my AR for that matter. I think you'd enjoy it. They're both very useful tools for hunting, defense, and competition. In hunting things like coyotes, varmints, and hogs, fast follow-up shots are very important. In defense, handguns are weak and bolt action rifles are awkward and slow. The ak and AR are commonly chambered in 5.56 and 5.45x39. These who cartridges use a light/fast bullet that are much better at stopping a threat than handguns, while overpenetrating less than handguns OR shotguns. Handguns and shotguns use heavier and slower projectiles that aren't going fast enough to fragment when going through walls. This means they'll penetrate multiple walls fairly easily. A proper hp in an ar or ak tends to start breaking up after the first wall and greatly limits overpenetration into your neighbors house.

Plus, the colorado shooter wasn't using an ak. The awb will come for AR's too. AR's are the dominant sporting, hunting, and defensive rifle today. They're modular, allowing the user to change grips, stocks, forends, barrels, optics, and even complete uppers quickly and easily. If you need a cheap trainer for a new shooter with low recoil...put in a conversion bolt, or pop on a dedicated .22 upper and you've got it. If you're using it for defense, pop on a short/lightweight 5.56 upper. If you're hunting varmints or coyotes, pop on a long/heavy precision upper in 204 ruger, 5.56, 6x45..etc and you're good. If you're hunting deer, a 300 blk upper gives you plenty of power. Moose/buffalo? .450 bushmaster upper or .50 beowulf and it's perfect for the job.

MSR's(modern sporting rifles) are highly useful for a variety of needs in the shooting world.

KMK1862

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2010
    York County, PA
    ughhh, I still feel like i need to take a kerosene bath with a steel wool loofah that republicans chose romney as their best hope in an election against obama. How are you going to make yourself out to be different when you had romneycare and gun restrictions as governor!? Just attempting to make himself appear different on those issues glaringly points out how he's prone to flipping on issues. It looks like their only play was, "look, he's like your obama, but better with the economy...so vote for him you penniless hippies".

Yeah, we're f'd either way. Our choices are now one guy who wants an assault weapons ban (obuma), or the other guy who ACTUALLY SIGNED an assault weapons ban (Romney; all of the mental gymnastics in the world can't change that fact).

I need an AK, now.

+1. For the reasons listed above and many more, neither of these clowns will get my vote.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    figured i'd toss in a conversation i had on my facebook page with an anti-gun friend of mine here for you'all to steal from/critique. She was wondering why anyone but soldiers would need an ak.

MSRs (modern sporting rifles)... I like that.

I'm actively using that (and correcting others who use the monicker "assault rifles".)

I've always explained ARs as part of the natural progression. Once upon a time, black powder was the peak of technology for the military; then bolt actions were used by military, then adopted by hunters. Then semi-autos (like the Garand). Now, ARs are popular for sporting purposes. It's just an advancement of technology. Sport shooters like them for the same reasons the military does: they're light-weight, dependable, versatile, accurate, and modular.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom