• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    That someone is Charlton Heston. I've always wondered who inherited all those guns after he died.

Not quite. That collection belonged to Mr. Bruce Stern.

------snipped from another article------

Mr Stern was a lifelong military and gun collector. An attorney and Vietnam veteran, he was involved in a number of military and firearms related organizations. He was a member of the National Rifle Association (NRA) Board of Directors. Mr Stern passed away in July, 2007.

The Stern gun collection became famous among firearms enthusiasts. A portion of the extensive collection was auctioned off in March 2008 by James D. Julia Auctioneers. The auction, which included firearms from other collections as well as Stern's, raised a record-breaking $12.7 million. Photographs of items from the Stern collection are available on the Julia Auctions website. Another part of the Stern collection is set to be auctioned in October, 2008.

VTX1800

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 29, 2011
    AA County
    One of my favorite is my unissued M98/29 Persian Mauser.

Attachments

• My_Military_Surplus_Rifles_008.jpg
      My_Military_Surplus_Rifles_008.jpg
      62.5 KB · Views: 182
    • My_Military_Surplus_Rifles_007.jpg
      My_Military_Surplus_Rifles_007.jpg
      44.1 KB · Views: 183
    • My_Military_Surplus_Rifles_005.jpg
      My_Military_Surplus_Rifles_005.jpg
      56 KB · Views: 181

tommy gunn

Apr 7, 2012
    calvert county
    The gentlman that carried this beauty had a battle field comission so he brought his own pistol with him to the war. He past away and they did an estate sale of all his stuff. The person incharge said no weapons in the house. His son's wife thru it in the trash along with several german officers swords and the swatztica flag that flew over the bunker that his fathers batalion captured. The son rescued it from the trash can and asked my father if he wanted it. Told my dad he could keep it or sell it he didnt care only if he sold it he gets half.
    My father is strickly a bow hunter. Only guns he ever uses is a shot gun for squirels or a muzzle loader when his back acts up. Thats another story in itself. We couldnt find any takers on selling it for what it was worth then so he kept it. He dont shoot so he gave it to me.

Last edited:

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    The gentlman that carried this beauty had a battle field comission so he brought his own pistol with him to the war. He past away and they did an estate sale of all his stuff. The person incharge said no weapons in the house. His son's wife thru it in the trash along with several german officers swords and the swatztica flag that flew over the bunker that his fathers batalion captured. The son rescued it from the trash can and asked my father if he wanted it. Told my dad he could keep it or sell it he didnt care only if he sold it he gets half.
    My father is strickly a bow hunter. Only guns he ever uses is a shot gun for squirels or a muzzle loader when his back acts up. Thats another story in itself. We couldnt find any takers on selling it for what it was worth then so he kept it. He dont shoot so he gave it to me.

Thats crazy! Do you still have the flag and the swords?

tommy gunn

Apr 7, 2012
    calvert county
    Thats crazy! Do you still have the flag and the swords?

No the son wasnt able to get them out of the trash in time. He just happened to see the pistol sitting in the trash. I got the pistol, the original 2 toned magazine and 6 of the original issued bullets. They are lead bullets no copper jacket.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Flush nut = Jackpot!

Here's the post-war sight on my c. 1955 SA Correct Grade. They went back to an improved flush nut which is swaged so it won't loosen.

Attachments

• 6 rifles on deck 033.jpg
      6 rifles on deck 033.jpg
      44.6 KB · Views: 105

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    My Great Grandfather's service weapon when he walked the beat in Louisville, Kentucky. Won't shot it or restore it but, sometime in the future, will place it in a shadow box with his badge and other memories.

Attachments

• CIMG1166.JPG
      CIMG1166.JPG
      28.8 KB · Views: 84

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads