• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Great stuff, they are worth about 500 stupid assed looking Mosins. :) It's like aging and beer......quality over quantity. :) 6 Elephants are better than 24 Pabst or Boh's. :thumbsup:

I have them too, But im down to about 5.lol

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    BTW not sure how you ended up with a hra with a cmp stock I have never seen that happen!!!

Probably going to leave them alone but i was thinking about another stock for another garand i have.

that wood on the first Garand is giving me wood!!! What's the barrel dates?

assuming im reading it right, they both say 4-55. Also the SA Has a SA barrel and the HRA Has a HRA barrel.
    The HRA has a SA bolt and the SA has a WRA bolt. Should i change them the next time they are out of the stocks? Would there be a headspace issue? I dont know a alot about Garand's.

Last edited:

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Though I have never heard of a problem if you ever swap bolts you should always check headspace.

Like I said i have two stocks. One is a walnut that has some arsenal repairs and the other is a WWII birch I believe.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Thanks for the photos. Those are both great looking rifles. I really like that GI wood, but the birch stock looks good too (better than mine), and should make for a great shooter.

I keep fighting the temptation to get another Garand, and I must say, you are not helping. I am finally getting back to working on the birch stock I got 4 years ago, so when I get that rifle finished, maybe I can pretend I just got it.

Say, you really ought to bring one of those pretty rifles out to the match next Saturday
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=79111

...Like I said i have two stocks. One is a walnut that has some arsenal repairs and the other is a WWII birch I believe.

I think GI birch stocks were replacements, not produced before the 1960s.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Took the springfield to the range today, I was shooting with/Against Garand1957 who was shooting a Finn M39, In a 20 round each compitition, I beat him by a few points. here is the target from the SA Garand at 100 yards.. The first ten shots i only had 2 bullseye's and was trying to find that sweet spot, the next ten I just about had it.

Attachments

• 0429121501.jpg
      0429121501.jpg
      42.4 KB · Views: 134

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads