• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DCSCO

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2008
    Frederick County
    Dug through my old reloading gear today. Found (200) 158 gr HP, 100 wadcutters and alot of 38 shells. I also found CCI 500 and 550 primers, 20 - 25 years old. Have any of you used 25 year old primers.

Cochise

Ultimate Member
    Sep 5, 2008
    Rockville
    should be fine. I still use some Alcan primers I have. They are probably closer to 40 years old and work fine.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    I've recently shot old CCI SR primers I bought and loaded into rounds 15 years ago. The primers were at least 10 or 15+ years old when I bought them. No issues at all.

Keep your primers, powder and ammo stored correctly and they'll last a long time.

Llyrin

Yankee-Rebel
    Mar 14, 2009
    Charles Co
    What a coincidence. I was digging out my old Lee Classic loader for .38/.357 and found a box of CCI 500 small pistol primers too. These too are about 25yo. I paid...get this... $1.95 for 1000 primiers back then.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    What a coincidence. I was digging out my old Lee Classic loader for .38/.357 and found a box of CCI 500 small pistol primers too. These too are about 25yo. I paid...get this... $1.95 for 1000 primiers back then.

You suck, you just suck.

Llyrin

Yankee-Rebel
    Mar 14, 2009
    Charles Co
    LOL. It's not like I'm getting any better deal NOW than anyone else is getting ;) While some of you were in diapers (or maybe not even thought of yet), I was handloading without a press or a workbench. I used a rubber mallet and a linoleum floor...and a Lee Classic Loader kit, of course.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    LOL. It's not like I'm getting any better deal NOW than anyone else is getting ;) While some of you were in diapers (or maybe not even thought of yet), I was handloading without a press or a workbench. I used a rubber mallet and a linoleum floor...and a Lee Classic Loader kit, of course.

There you go again with your bragging, rubber mallet? I had to use a crab mallet that still had Old Bay and mustard on it!

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    lay a couple on the reloading bench and smack them with a hammer.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    lay a couple on the reloading bench and smack them with a hammer.

DO NOT DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!! you can get parts of the cup and primer flying back at you.

If you want to test some of them Load a few in a empty case and then put the case in your pistol and fire it in a safe direction and make sure you only have the empty primed cases any place close to the firearm.
    If you are unsure I may be willing to buy some off you and use them for my CCI plastic bullets and cases.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    You suck, you just suck.

Llyrin Quote

Yep, I remember those prices too. 1lb 3031 for 06 was about $2.50
    maybe in twenty years we'll look back at $30 a 1000 a good deal..:mad54:

leroygibbs

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2008
    I paid...get this... $1.95 for 1000 primiers back then.

I remember my pops would give me a $5 bill and send me to the gun shop, I'd buy 1000 primers, 10 lbs of shot and still have enough left over to buy a coke....

Good ole days....

Punchabearinnamouf

High Tech Redneck
    Apr 11, 2009
    Hollywood, MD
    I remember my pops would give me a $5 bill and send me to the gun shop, I'd buy 1000 primers, 10 lbs of shot and still have enough left over to buy a coke....

Good ole days....

Man, I seem to hear that same thing except different all the time. :rolleyes:

Standard format for "The good ole days" story:

"I remember my pops would give me a $5 bill and send me to the _______, I'd buy _______, ______ and still have enough left over to buy a coke..."

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom