• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dbledoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 8, 2013
    Howard County
    Hanover Armory locally has their own 9 mm lower. You can also get complete uppers, or rifles from them. I have one of their lowers for Glock mags and built my own upper. It runs really smooth and no issues.
    The only possible issue is that their design doesn’t have a Last Round Hold open feature.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    Hanover Armory locally has their own 9 mm lower. You can also get complete uppers, or rifles from them. I have one of their lowers for Glock mags and built my own upper. It runs really smooth and no issues.
    The only possible issue is that their design doesn’t have a Last Round Hold open feature.

That reminds me that the EndoMags do have the last round hold open feature. That also required a little fitting to work properly, but only needs to be done once, when you install the adaptor into the Pmag body. All three of mine reliably hold the bolt open after the last round has been fired.

Everything works and feels the same as any other AR including the mag changes which is another reason that I chose them.:thumbsup:

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Thanks to everyone for the responses. Ordered a CMMG radial delayed blowback bolt/barrel combo last night. I’ll order some Endomags to go with it and build from there. Only downside to the bolt/barrel combo is they either have 5”, 8”, or 16” barrels. Got the 16” but wish they had a 10”-12” barrel. Wanted to put it on my SBR’ed lower. 8” is too short in this Commie State. I could always get the 16” cut down but I’ll probably just keep it 16” and be done with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    Thanks to everyone for the responses. Ordered a CMMG radial delayed blowback bolt/barrel combo last night. I’ll order some Endomags to go with it and build from there. Only downside to the bolt/barrel combo is they either have 5”, 8”, or 16” barrels. Got the 16” but wish they had a 10”-12” barrel. Wanted to put it on my SBR’ed lower. 8” is too short in this Commie State. I could always get the 16” cut down but I’ll probably just keep it 16” and be done with it.

You could always buy a shorter barrel in the future. Faxon makes 10.5” 9mm barrels that work really well. They are $130.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    You could always buy a shorter barrel in the future. Faxon makes 10.5” 9mm barrels that work really well. They are $130.

True. Maybe I’ll just build two 9mm uppers. God help me. I need more AR’s like I need a hole in the head lol

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD

Where did you order it from? I have been looking for a 9mm upper, and this sounds like a pretty good route to go. Thx

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Foxtrot Mike products has a dedicated 9mm lower that takes glock mags, I think they are cheaper than a stern defense. Also consider the 9mm AR pistol route.

Tried an early FM model from a sponsored shooter at a match, back when they only made uppers, and it was cool, non reciprocating side charger(handle on the side of the handguard). Got one, put it on a QC10 lower, and had clearance problems with the LRBHO, got it to work well enough, but the oversized chamber would let brass with a tight crimp get past the "ridge" in the chamber the case mouth normally headspaces on, and it would jam an unfired round tightly into the chamber too far for the pin to hit the primer. Got a new light profile barrel from them, with proper chamber specs, and it runs everything. Ended up swapping that to a FM billet lower, and it's a solid 16" carbine, the LRBHO is flawless, good control layout. Built a 7" QC10 upper, and put that on my QC10 pistol lower, and it feeds EVERYTHING without issue. The FM 16" is my PCC comp rig, a GRF trigger, 5.5oz buffer, carbine spring, and delrin spacer in the buffer tube give relatively light and quick recoil, provided it's limited to my light match loads. The QC10 has the same trigger, but an AR10 spring and 8oz buffer with Kaw valley BCG, recoil feels similar, but more sight movement, although it runs hotter ammo better, and less gas in the face when running suppressed.

I've seen magwell adapters, and the new 9mm mag inserts, but figure I don't really want to swap back and forth between 9mm and another caliber, so I prefer dedicated GLOCK mag lowers, at $150 stripped and $220 built, the FM lowers are cheaper than a decent magwell adapter and mil-spec lower. No gas system, and 9mm doesn't have much blast, so no problem going super short, I LOVE my 7" AR9, with a 7" handguard and almost 2" long 3 lug adapter, the muzzle just barely extends past the end of the handgguard, and it tucks almost 1" of suppressor in the handguard. Would love to do a 4" barrel with a 9" handguard leaving a 6" long can just poking out the end of the handguard. Really want to build on the CMMG RDBB setup, seems like a cool idea, but have fired one, and didn't feel all that softer compared to a decently tuned blowback setup. Of couse the CMMG was Much better than a factory AR9 or one with a light buffer, but still nowhere near as light recoiling as an MPX.

ralph.mclean

GOC (Grumpy Old Cop)
    Jan 27, 2018
    Edgewater, MD
    Take the time/spend the money to get a dedicated 9mm lower. I ran my AR-9 for two years with an adaptor, and eventually, the adaptor shifted, and the gun wouldn't feed consistently. I had to tinker with it for a couple of hours to get it working well. I later swapped all of my 9mm parts over to the dedicated 9mm lower, and have not regretted it for one second...

teppou

Jan 20, 2014

I think you need to be careful about swapping uppers on an SBRed lower, especially with a different caliber. Technically, I believe the SBR stamp only applies to the caliber and barrel length specified in the application.

I have an AR-9 pistol with an arm brace, 10.5" barrel and Glock-compatible magwell. It's been great, and others at the range who have borrowed it have really liked it, too.

Ignore the previous paragraph if you're looking for a true PCC that you can run in matches that require a full stock and at least 16" barrel.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I think you need to be careful about swapping uppers on an SBRed lower, especially with a different caliber. Technically, I believe the SBR stamp only applies to the caliber and barrel length specified in the application.

I have an AR-9 pistol with an arm brace, 10.5" barrel and Glock-compatible magwell. It's been great, and others at the range who have borrowed it have really liked it, too.

Ignore the previous paragraph if you're looking for a true PCC that you can run in matches that require a full stock and at least 16" barrel.

Nope. You can make it anything as long as it can readily be placed back in it's original configuration.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    anything, really? hmmm, even a machine gun or entirely different SBR?

Don't be a dick.

Yes, a different caliber/barrel length etc. as long as it can be readily changed back to it's original configuration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom