• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    Saw this on the news this morning. My wife said she couldn't imagine living in a place where people couldn't protect themselves with guns.

She's come a long way from " you want to buy a what? I don't think I'm comfortable with the idea of a gun in the house"

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    It being Montgomery county, I'm surprised the homeowner hasn't been arrested.

DJones2987

Dec 6, 2016
    Hagerstown
    I've been researching pretty heavily on the castle doctrine, but it's such a gray area I hope I never end up in that situation.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    There is no codified Castle Doctrine in MD, just case law. But IIRC there ism no duty to retreat in your home.

IANAL.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Damn WTOP report describes the burglar as being seriously injured as if he had been in an ACCIDENT.

Nope, you dope, seriously wounded.

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    "The investigation continues" I just skimmed through but if the perp wasn't armed is the homeowner "allowed" to use deadly force in defense of property in the Free State aka Peoples Republic of Md. ?

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    "The investigation continues" I just skimmed through but if the perp wasn't armed is the homeowner "allowed" to use deadly force in defense of property in the Free State aka Peoples Republic of Md. ?

Kind of two questions. No you can't use deadly force to protect property. You can use deadly force when great bodily harm is reasonably perceived com'n at ya. The perp need not be armed. As far as someone walking in your house uninvited giving one carte blanche shooting them, no idea.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    If you can articulate you were in fear of your life, the perp doesn't necessarily need to be armed. Especially in a dark environment

But it's libtardistan Mo Co.,

Good luck

IANAL

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    If you can articulate you were in fear of your life, the perp doesn't necessarily need to be armed. Especially in a dark environment

But it's libtardistan Mo Co.,

Good luck

IANAL

It's probably best if you kill the perp. Don't give him and his lawyers a chance to come up with a defense. Like, he walked into the wrong house. Using his fist through a pane of glass as the key to the door. Or some other insane, nonsense excuse that will see you having to defend a bogus lawsuit.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    G. Gordon Liddy always recommended the same thing. He always said

"make sure there is just one story. Yours"

I agree with both of you.

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    y'all are excessively harsh. Paper targets don't move. If the lighting is bad people decide a gun range is worthless, rather than taking the opportunity to get some low light practice in.

Under real world conditions when the adrenaline is pumping, even skilled people miss.

I realize though on the internet everyone is a marksman, and can hit a 3" circle going 40mph from 200 yards, with a revolver.

I personally think that the homeowner got the job done and I hope he/she will not be prosecuted for shooting an "alleged" burglar (WTF else would a random person be in the basement, doing laundry?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom