• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Selling two handguns to the same person, they have their HQL but aren't a designated collector. Going to MSP Jessup tomorrow for the transfer. He can do both guns at once, no different than buying from an FFL correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    There is a separate form for a multiple firearms. I forgot the name of it. He just cannot make a purchase now for 60 days. Not sure if the Trooper will know this. Probably will though. But ya never know.

Apr 8, 2012
    Earth
    I did that not too long ago at that location. The trooper knew which forms to use for doing multiple xfers, but watch out for the xfer fee. Trooper said it was $10 per firearm, so I wrote for $20. A week later, it got mailed back to me because it's actually $10 per application. That error delayed everything by 2 weeks...

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I did that not too long ago at that location. The trooper knew which forms to use for doing multiple xfers, but watch out for the xfer fee. Trooper said it was $10 per firearm, so I wrote for $20. A week later, it got mailed back to me because it's actually $10 per application. That error delayed everything by 2 weeks...

Same thing happened to me.

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    Unfortunately, the MSP doesn't seem to train troopers on how to properly do a firearms transfer. Consequently, it is always a crapshoot on how easy (or hard) an MSP transfer is going to be, regardless of the barracks that you use. I've personally done transfers at six different barracks (some on multiple occasions) over the past three years and have had varying results each time.

Fordracer2082

Jun 10, 2007
    Glen Burnie
    I did a transfer for two at the state police. The trooper thought it was not sure if it was $10 for the application or $10 per gun. He asked his supervisor and did it correctly. This was at the Glen Burnie barracks. I have never had a problem there

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    It's a crapshoot with the MSP. One transfer I did to my son, the trooper didn't realize there was to be no transfer fee. Another time the trooper never asked to see the gun.
    :o

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    I had my worst experience at Jessup. The troopers there refused to do a transfer just because. When I asked why, they refused to give me a reason.

I also had my absolute worst experience at the Jessup barracks when a trooper at the Forestville station actually forgot to insert the serial number of the gun I was selling on the form 77R - my buyer was coming down from north of Baltimore and I was coming up from the Pax River area in SoMD so Forestville was an equal distance between us. When I got the call from Pikesville regarding the mistake, I ended up meeting my buyer at the Jessup station just to have the serial number put on the form and have it re-faxed to Pikesville. The trooper in Jessup just refused to come out from behind his desk, claiming he was the only one there when he obviously was not (other troopers walking about). This "trooper" had an attitude going when I first walked in the door, and when I inquired about the delay (after waiting for 45 minutes outside with my buyer), the a-hole actually threatened to arrest me. I ended up having to drive all the back to the Leonardtown barracks to get the form updated. The Leonardtown trooper was very professional and friendly, and I was out of there in less than 10 minutes.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    I also had my absolute worst experience at the Jessup barracks when a trooper at the Forestville station actually forgot to insert the serial number of the gun I was selling on the form 77R - my buyer was coming down from north of Baltimore and I was coming up from the Pax River area in SoMD so Forestville was an equal distance between us. When I got the call from Pikesville regarding the mistake, I ended up meeting my buyer at the Jessup station just to have the serial number put on the form and have it re-faxed to Pikesville. The trooper in Jessup just refused to come out from behind his desk, claiming he was the only one there when he obviously was not (other troopers walking about). This "trooper" had an attitude going when I first walked in the door, and when I inquired about the delay (after waiting for 45 minutes outside with my buyer), the a-hole actually threatened to arrest me. I ended up having to drive all the back to the Leonardtown barracks to get the form updated. The Leonardtown trooper was very professional and friendly, and I was out of there in less than 10 minutes.

There may have been other Troopers there but you were probably talking the duty officer and no it's not his primary job/responsibility to leave his post to help you in that situation.

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    There may have been other Troopers there but you were probably talking the duty officer and no it's not his primary job/responsibility to leave his post to help you in that situation.

That is no excuse, especially considering his completely unprofessional and rude demeanor. If he had been polite, it would have made a world of difference, but he made it a point to pretty much ignore anyone who came up to the window - and it wasn't just me. I've done firearms transfers in Leonardtown, Prince Frederick, La Plata, Glen Burnie, Forestville, and College Park - never had an idiot like this guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom