• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    Gunbroker is not the only place to find a handgun. Many great guns can be purchased from SOG, Aim, J&G, Classic and other, frequently ignored, auction sites.

I know but none of the major sites that I've looked at have anything that I really want right now. Not that I wouldn't like to have a p64 or a tokarev, I just want to get something more comfortable to shoot than a p64 and with more readily available ammo than the 7.62x25.

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    The add stated that this gun had a "very good bore." Would any of you call that a good bore, even without the bulge? The rifling is worn nearly smooth in places and there is evidence of pitting throughout. I wouldn't even call it fair condition.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    Century still has excellent condition Star Bs, they are park'd, at least the one I got is. It is in great shape, shoots well with steel cased ammo. Doesn't like brass too much.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    The add stated that this gun had a "very good bore." Would any of you call that a good bore, even without the bulge? The rifling is worn nearly smooth in places and there is evidence of pitting throughout. I wouldn't even call it fair condition.

Your first bore photo tells the story. Somebody scoured it to clean out a lot of rust. What's left of rifling is almost smooth and the pitting looks pervasive throughout.

It's why I'm hesitant with most sellers on GB (and AA). Descriptions can range from generous to absurdly generous. Be wary when photos are dark or somewhat blurry (in both cases to mask detail). Another red flag is lack of photos, in this case no bore photo.

Boom Boom

Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Nothing I guess. Are people still getting decent ones from J&G? I don't know of anywhere else that has them right now. I really wanted to get a revolver but I haven't been able to find one yet and the Beretta was a good price.

A specific revolver (or manufacturer)? Price range? At $250, you're almost stuck with a Nagant. At $400, there are many options, including Colt and S&W.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Just put some duct tape on it, should be fine:innocent0

They didn't even look at that bore when they said it was good.

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    Just talked to their office. Return shipping is on me. :mad54:

So UPS or FEDEX?

Its probably going to cost me like fifty bucks isn't it?

Edit: They have told me now that they WILL reimburse me for return shipping.
    So I have to do UPS or FEDEX overnight and notify them that it is a pistol when I ship it right?
    And since you have to be a dealer or collector according to their terms I should be the one to take it to be shipped?

Boom Boom

Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Edit: They have told me now that they WILL reimburse me for return shipping.
    So I have to do UPS or FEDEX overnight and notify them that it is a pistol when I ship it right?
    And since you have to be a dealer or collector according to their terms I should be the one to take it to be shipped?

Yes, notify person at depot counter that it contains a handgun. Bring a copy of your C&R with you just in case. Don't go to a UPS Store. If you're near Frederick, bring it to the UPS depot on English Muffin Way. Use whatever shipping method they require.

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    If you don't mind police surplus, keep on eye on what Lou gets in. $400 or less should get you a very nice one.

Wouldn't most of those not be C&R though? I don't have the HQL yet.

Yes, notify person at depot counter that it contains a handgun. Bring a copy of your C&R with you just in case. Don't go to a UPS Store. If you're near Frederick, bring it to the UPS depot on English Muffin Way. Use whatever shipping method they require.

Yeah that's the one I'll go to, I live about five minutes from there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom