• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    So here’s what I got going on. My Zastava model 70 has a really short/tight throat on it. Commercial 32acp seems to be okay. My Berry’s 71gr plated RN are not. Ogive is too fat. I have to load it up to .950” or shorter or the bullet runs in to the lands. It’s all loaded to .945” “to be safe”.

My Cz50 plunks even at .984” max COAL. That Zastava :mad54:

Anyway, loaded 2gr bullseye for 24 rounds and 2.2gr for 25 rounds (that’s what I had left in a box of SPPs) to try out. If the 2gr already seems hot I’ll abort on the 2.2gr.

I can find a TON of load data for 60gr XTP. But checking through 6 load manuals I’ve found ONE that has 71gr RN and bullseye (one other one has 71gr load data, but omits bullseye for it, has it for 60gr XTP). But it claims it was tested at .984” as the max load (2.2gr).

Any thoughts? Too hot with the short COAL? If the 2gr functions that’s probably what I’ll go with in the end.

I’ve read a few guys pushing 2.4gr of bullseye under 71gr RN, though not this short a COAL (of course on the internet FWIW)

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    You could simply fix the short throat and open up a whole new world of options. A reamer, a little cutting oil, a vise, and 15 minutes ... you're done.

I've done this for my 1911's. Here is a thread on castboolits about the short 32acp throat issue that might interest you (specifically posts #15 & #21 in that thread). It really is as easy as he describes.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?364809-311-Round-ball-for-32-ACP

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    You could simply fix the short throat and open up a whole new world of options. A reamer, a little cutting oil, a vise, and 15 minutes ... you're done.

I've done this for my 1911's. Here is a thread on castboolits about the short 32acp throat issue that might interest you (specifically posts #15 & #21 in that thread). It really is as easy as he describes.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?364809-311-Round-ball-for-32-ACP

I might give that a look. Will shoot the reloads first. I suspect I might run in to other factory ammo that gives me an issue with the short throat, but at least Geco drops fine for factory ammo and that's the one I've got like 400-500 rounds of. A little bit of fiocchi. Haven't tried Fiocchi FMJ in it, but the JHPs drop fine in the barrel without touching the threading. I really think its that Berry's seem to be squatter than similar 32acp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom