• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    Anyone here have a child who has to settle for a virtual graduation? If so, have you watched it yet? My daughters is on Tuesday and I’m wondering how much disappointment I should be preparing for. She graduated from Howard and the fat slob principal handed out diplomas in a sweaty, stained T shirt and shorts. The sadness in my daughters eyes when that happened was crushing. I saw that the principal at Long reach dressed up in his cap and gown and was at least taking photos handing the kids their diploma.

I’m hoping that it won’t be as bad as I fear.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Saw a friends. Not bad. The principal at Wilde Lake did a good speech for the first half then started to ramble a bit. With a real graduation you are stuck in the heat listening to a lot of speeches. At least if you record it, you can fast forward past the people who ramble on, and get to the kids videos. Each kid did a 10 second video, many were very good. Those are worth watching!

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    cap, I feel for your daughter, and you, but it's likely best if she learns early: 'blessed is he who expects nothing, for he will not be disappointed'

Thanks. I was never much into school, I could have cared less about graduation. It pains me to see her so upset and disappointed. It pains me more because I can’t do anything about it.

Danb-Thanks for the heads up. My daughter wasn’t allowed to say anything in the video other than her name. She did have us take it down at the Lake in Columbia, so the backdrop was nice. It was a gorgeous day out.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    I don't even know who Reservoir had, but I don't think it was the principal - probably to busy spreading white privilege bad messages...

She didn't want to go to Merriweather, but I basically told her she must go. Then this sh*t hit the fan. I told her if she wanted to post her picture that she could. She isn't really interested.

So we're turning our attention to UMBC this fall.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    cap, I feel for your daughter, and you, but it's likely best if she learns early: 'blessed is he who expects nothing, for he will not be disappointed'

Early in my working life, a good friend once told me, "Expect the worse and settle for less. You'll hardly ever be disappointed."

ngman

MDS Supporter
    Apr 19, 2013
    Western Howard County
    That’s awful that the principal wasn’t dressed
    more appropriate. I watched some of Riverhill’s, and it was pretty good, though I heard they left the final student out of the video, I’d be pissed.

Mine will graduate on Tuesday from Glenelg. The video process went pretty smoothly. They’d made it look real nice, kind of like a stage. The principal stood behind a podium in a robe for all the photo’s & videos with the kids at an appropriate distance.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom