• mh53pvlow

MPDC3291
    Mar 28, 2013
    Montgomery Village
    I am going to buy one of the following.

1. Nambu type 14 all original but mismatched parts
    2. P 38 Walther war time eagle proofed
    3. P 38 Mauser war time eagle proofed

The P-38's are very similar in condition. I am either too dumb or too lazy to insert a poll. Also can't decide which one I want. I know I know buy all but $$$ doesn't allow that at this time.
    Thanks for any help in deciding.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    First question would be do you plan on shooting it? If so, consider that the P38's are chambered in one of the most common calibers on the planet and the Nambu not so much.

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    Are the P-38s matching? Import marked? I’m big into the Japanese stuff, but unless the Nambu is priced really really well I’d probably go with one of the P-38s (assuming no major issues with them). Type 14s aren’t hard to find in matching condition and mismatched Nambu 14s are a tough sell to most Japanese collectors (assuming the gun itself is mismatched and not just the magazine as that wouldn’t affect the value as much). If you don’t mind sharing, what are the prices being asked on them?

Jul 1, 2012
    As KH195 says, the P.38's need to be original finish, all matching parts (frame, slide, barrel and lock block) and non-import marked to be collectible.
    Also, I would NOT recommend shooting a collectible WW2 P.38 as they have a bad habit of cracking slides and lock blocks...
    There is a vast difference in value between a standard Spreewerk and an early high-polish Walther :)

capt14k

Jul 27, 2015
    If P-38 is matching get that one. If both matching get the earlier one. If matching and same year get the Walther. Mismatched Nambu I wouldn't bother with.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Don't bother with a poll until there's a lot more info on the table. Just too many variables and not enough information for an informed choice (at least by a picky b*stard like me). For instance: if the only mismatched part on the T14 is the magazine then it still has value to a collector, esp. if a rare variant like a very late war example. Put an August 1945 dated T14 in the white in front of me with just a mismatched magazine and you can bet the farm I'll be interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom