• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Has anyone here been to a gun store lately? Just wondering if the panic buying has died down yet?:sad20:

Take a read through some of the threads already discussing the current panic. Your questions will be answered

JerseyMike

Dec 16, 2019
    Germantown
    Yeah I’d like to buy a glock 48 and an ar15 but don’t want to wait out the door or be around a crowd of people. United’s website shows them basically having no glocks

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    A&M in Damascus had very little I could see on the wall from the parking lot (wife wanted Starbucks when I was on my way back from creating some "survival kits" for some of our food-insecure students/families at the school I'm contracted at). I'm hoping to go find some x39 today or tomorrow, but not holding my breath on it. Panic buying is over, but inventory is way low from what I've seen.

Lousy Shot

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 4, 2020
    Maryland at the Bay
    I just don't understand the latest round of "panic buying," and I hope it has stopped or is slowing down. There was no shortage of firearms, ammo, or accessories to buy before the covoid-19 scare, nothing has happened governmentally to impact that, and so...what are the "panic buyers" planning to do, hold up a grocery store for a 12-pack of toilet paper? Believe their neighbors are going to break into their houses to steal toilet paper? Hunt for food on the hoof crossing through their back yard?

cmb

Dec 28, 2012
    Conowingo MD
    I'm ready to order a Ruger PC-9 but I'm a little old and feeble to be standing around in our LGS, filling out paperwork.Ain't really worth the chance I'd be taking. Maybe later on in the month.:patriot:

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    I was able to score a lb of h335 a lb of h1000 and 500 rem small rifle primers. Shelves were pretty empty. Handguns displays were empty other than a couple higher end guns(springfield trp, SW x frame, sig legion) used shotgun rack was empty but plenty of used and new boltguns.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    In today's atmosphere is it really panic buying or an intelligent (albeit it late) decision?

Only the future can tell us. I hope it turns out to be the unprepared panic buying and getting rightfully separated from their money.

I got a text alert two days ago from TSUSA for Speer Lawman 147 grain. At a price of 0.28/rd, it was gone in less than an hour.

Insanity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    I just don't understand the latest round of "panic buying," and I hope it has stopped or is slowing down. There was no shortage of firearms, ammo, or accessories to buy before the covoid-19 scare, nothing has happened governmentally to impact that, and so...what are the "panic buyers" planning to do, hold up a grocery store for a 12-pack of toilet paper? Believe their neighbors are going to break into their houses to steal toilet paper? Hunt for food on the hoof crossing through their back yard?

Have you been watching the news. Many of the police departments in large cities are sick at home, the state has been releasing criminals from jail, illegal criminal aliens are not being deported. You add in that supplies are limited, you can't even get disinfectant at the store to protect yourself. What do you expect?

jlowe23

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2014
    Cecil County
    I know that I personally am as busy as I have even been. Mostly 1st time gun buyers who don't understand why I cannot ship a Glock 19 to their front door or any other gun laws. I do my best to educate these type of people as much as I can about the laws and gun safety but there is only so much I can do in the short amount of time they are here.

Folks come in and want a handgun and are surprised when I tell them they need an HQL so shotguns of any type and AR's are the big movers right now. Almost all of my distributors are backed up 10-14 days on shipping so when I find items I need or have a special order I have to think of things 2 weeks out. One distributor just announced that they will shut down their shipping for 2 weeks.

I do not see a big slow down any time soon but I have been surprised before. It will definitely take awhile for the industry to recover from the big hit on inventory.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I know that I personally am as busy as I have even been. Mostly 1st time gun buyers who don't understand why I cannot ship a Glock 19 to their front door or any other gun laws. I do my best to educate these type of people as much as I can about the laws and gun safety but there is only so much I can do in the short amount of time they are here.

Folks come in and want a handgun and are surprised when I tell them they need an HQL so shotguns of any type and AR's are the big movers right now. Almost all of my distributors are backed up 10-14 days on shipping so when I find items I need or have a special order I have to think of things 2 weeks out. One distributor just announced that they will shut down their shipping for 2 weeks.

I do not see a big slow down any time soon but I have been surprised before. It will definitely take awhile for the industry to recover from the big hit on inventory.

Good to hear from you. Thanks for the insights.

Lanaue

Feb 10, 2020
    The GunShop I usually go to is closed. When I picked up my Canik 3 weeks ago I had to stand in line for about 45 min. There's a lot people wait till something bad happens to the react.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012

This round of panic is mostly first time gun buyers who were either indifferent to guns or leaning toward anti gun who had a "Come To Jesus" revelation when they suddenly woke up and realized they really should BE PREPARED. When the toilet paper and water disappeared it wasn't too bad but when the food, not just milk and bread, disappeared and they were told stay at home and take care of yourself some of them finally did a self assessment and found they were lacking. They discovered they had little or no food in the house, many did not even know how to prepare what food they could find, they could not go somewhere else, and no one was going to help bail them out. I am certain some of them took the time to realize they were also lacking in the area of self/home protection and tried to do something to change that. Our culture is very gun oriented so naturally they wanted to get a gun and all the anti gun propaganda says it is so easy that anything is available anywhere just hand them the money and take your Asperly Aimless (see footnote) home with you. They have just gotten a lesson in the reality of guns being easy to get.

There has also been a surge in new members to gun forums, I hope you will also join some gun rights groups such as Maryland Shall Issue, National Rifle Association, Gun Owners of America, and many others.

The last panic gun buying In Maryland was in 2013 before some of the draconian gun laws went into effect. There was also the great ammunition shortage when there were plenty of guns available but no ammo to shoot them.

The lessons learned are when some form of normalcy returns buy your guns sooner rather than later, stock your ammunition deep enough so you won't run out, learn to reload and get the equipment necessary, join a gun club or go to the range to hone your skills before you need them, support your local gun stores especially our Industry Partners so they will be there when you need them, join and support the gun rights groups who are fighting for your rights, and VOTE in every election to get rid of the politicians that passed these crazy laws in the first place.

Foot note
    Asperly Aimless
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?19413-Saga-of-the-Asperly-Aimless

Last edited:

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    Contractor work trucks are getting tools robbed all over MoCo if you aren't locking your doors. I know a criminal would rather not have person to person contact and go for low hanging fruit, but people are realizing their homes may not be safe. $1200 dollar stimulus check isn't enough if this lasts another month. Many people are already desperate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom