• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Minor detail! But, if my sister and mom live in York, PA and they bought a rifle then they could give it to me?

Edit: Appears this can never occur under federal law. Thanks for your patience. This sucks.

That would be called a Straw Purchase and is illegal.

Maybe ask, "Can I buy fully auto 1 billion rounds a second shoulder thingy that goes up and has heat seeking clips that kills baby kittens from Amazon and have it delivered in 2 hrs or less?"

I hear a moat with sharks that shoot lasers from their heads is probably the best way to go.

I hear the Utz counter at Lexington Market has what you need. The scratches give it character and the tape is for your protection.

goodboyranger

Mar 20, 2020
    Baldwin, MD
    That would be called a Straw Purchase and is illegal.

Maybe ask, "Can I buy fully auto 1 billion rounds a second shoulder thingy that goes up and has heat seeking clips that kills baby kittens from Amazon and have it delivered in 2 hrs or less?"

I hear a moat with sharks that shoot lasers from their heads is probably the best way to go.

I hear the Utz counter at Lexington Market has what you need. The scratches give it character and the tape is for your protection.
    LOL, That’s pretty funny. I do realize how ignorant the question about a law that is very obvious to you makes me seem. I know what a straw purchase is. I have an HQL from a few years back, can and have cleared NICS etc. I was just getting seriously into it as a hobby when my wife ruined it a few years back and I got rid of what I had, but now she’s out of the picture and I’ve regained interest. Then recently saw this mess about HB4.

Anyway instead of editing the comment to save me the embarrassment I left it for your amusement. The bottom line is I see where this is heading in the State of Maryland and I don’t like my information recorded unnecessarily in association with firearms (or anything else) because I don’t want them knocking on my door when the inevitable happens. I don’t like lists and NICS puts you in one regardless of what they tell us.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    LOL, That’s pretty funny. I do realize how ignorant the question about a law that is very obvious to you makes me seem. I know what a straw purchase is. I have an HQL from a few years back, can and have cleared NICS etc. I was just getting seriously into it as a hobby when my wife ruined it a few years back and I got rid of what I had, but now she’s out of the picture and I’ve regained interest. Then recently saw this mess about HB4.

Anyway instead of editing the comment to save me the embarrassment I left it for your amusement. The bottom line is I see where this is heading in the State of Maryland and I don’t like my information recorded unnecessarily in association with firearms (or anything else) because I don’t want them knocking on my door when the inevitable happens. I don’t like lists and NICS puts you in one regardless of what they tell us.

If you know what a straw purchase is, then why ask if you can complete one and if it would be legal? Your posed question is quit literally the definition of a straw purchase. I know, not everyone knows all the ridonculous laws and many think they are sitting under the oranges at Costco to buy in bulk. But come on. Unless you are an Obama DOJ employee trafficing them to Mexican drug lords, its hugely illegal. I am cool with anyone not knowing something, but you are repeatedly asking for ways to circumvent various firearms purchasing laws and now admitting to knowing that you are doing that.

Oh, and you still havent posted in the introduction section. Mee's a thinkin I's a smelling someting.

goodboyranger

Mar 20, 2020
    Baldwin, MD
    If you know what a straw purchase is, then why ask if you can complete one and if it would be legal? Your posed question is quit literally the definition of a straw purchase. I know, not everyone knows all the ridonculous laws and many think they are sitting under the oranges at Costco to buy in bulk. But come on. Unless you are an Obama DOJ employee trafficing them to Mexican drug lords, its hugely illegal. I am cool with anyone not knowing something, but you are repeatedly asking for ways to circumvent various firearms purchasing laws and now admitting to knowing that you are doing that.

Oh, and you still havent posted in the introduction section. Mee's a thinkin I's a smelling someting.
    Well, you sound like a pretty paranoid fella to me if you’re scared of a couple misguided questions on a public forum. I’m pretty sure we won’t be completing any transactions. In a continuance of my politeness despite your lack thereof, I was really probing the lawfulness of transferring to family. In looking back yes a straw purchase is what I described but it was a failed attempt at humor. And, shortly after posting it I realized I was being dense so I checked the law and saw that no such transfer across state lines is ever legal, and even edited my comment to point out this glaring oversight. If you look back over the past 10 pages or so there are plenty of TIC comments about things that aren’t exactly above board. I suppose with my meager post count and lack of command of some laws maybe I haven’t earned the right, in your eyes, to make jokes. That’s okay with me. Anyone trying to “infiltrate” your community wouldn’t draw attention to themselves. Just relax big guy. We’re supposed to be on the same side and you’re supposed to be okay with those less experienced than you being interested in supporting the community. Have you flexed enough yet? Regards sir.

knovotny

Feb 5, 2013
    Aberdeen, MD
    Well, you sound like a pretty paranoid fella to me if you’re scared of a couple misguided questions on a public forum. I’m pretty sure we won’t be completing any transactions. In a continuance of my politeness despite your lack thereof, I was really probing the lawfulness of transferring to family. In looking back yes a straw purchase is what I described but it was a failed attempt at humor. And, shortly after posting it I realized I was being dense so I checked the law and saw that no such transfer across state lines is ever legal, and even edited my comment to point out this glaring oversight. If you look back over the past 10 pages or so there are plenty of TIC comments about things that aren’t exactly above board. I suppose with my meager post count and lack of command of some laws maybe I haven’t earned the right, in your eyes, to make jokes. That’s okay with me. Anyone trying to “infiltrate” your community wouldn’t draw attention to themselves. Just relax big guy. We’re supposed to be on the same side and you’re supposed to be okay with those less experienced than you being interested in supporting the community. Have you flexed enough yet? Regards sir.

During legislative session (and plenty of other times of the year) we get lots of antis come on here asking how they can buy guns illegally, and then try to use what they see here to pass more bad laws. It's always someone with almost no posts, that goes right to a thread like this, and asks questions like you have. We have seen it, so no paranoia, just experience. Now you may not be an anti, but you haven't taken any time to go make an introduction post, and so far you have followed the anti's usual process. You may just be a gun owner who just found out about HB4 and your research has brought you here and you are pissed off about it. If so, welcome, make an introduction post, and join the fight and conversation.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    During legislative session (and plenty of other times of the year) we get lots of antis come on here asking how they can buy guns illegally, and then try to use what they see here to pass more bad laws. It's always someone with almost no posts, that goes right to a thread like this, and asks questions like you have. We have seen it, so no paranoia, just experience. Now you may not be an anti, but you haven't taken any time to go make an introduction post, and so far you have followed the anti's usual process. You may just be a gun owner who just found out about HB4 and your research has brought you here and you are pissed off about it. If so, welcome, make an introduction post, and join the fight and conversation.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

goodboyranger

Mar 20, 2020
    Baldwin, MD
    Wow that’s terrible. But I wouldn’t put it past a liberal. They’re some of the most rabid and petty creatures one can encounter. I guess it’s sort of like that. As I mentioned I got rid of all my stuff when I was going through a divorce and then focused on gaining full custody of my kids, which I recently did. They’ll use being a legal gun owner against you. I was pretty casual before that happened. But then got caught flat footed with this SHTF situation. Didn’t want to deal with the stores in case of a delay and the stores closing while waiting plus inventory issues. So I actually came for the classifieds. After I got my hands on something again I got to thinking about what I wanted next, then heard about HB4 and here I am. I’ll do an intro. Skipped right over the pleasantries apparently. My bad.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
      Capture.JPG
      21.4 KB · Views: 824

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics