• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Have a friend who is looking for P230 mags (.380) which seem to be almost unobtanium. Was going to try the gun show at Dulles this weekend. Anyone know if the P230 & P232 mags are interchangeable? Anyone have a source for them or is the gun show my best bet?

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    I also have a P230. The mags are the same as the P232.

Loudon Guns in Leesburg has some on the shelf... and they can be difficult to find.

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    Try Top Gun Supply on the web. They are a great place for Sig parts. Also go to SigForum they are for sale there fro time to time. Chrus

molonlabe

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2005
    Mountaineer Country, WV
    There is a slight difference between the 230 and 232. I bought. 232 at a gun show and it won't feed properly. Something to do with the pitch of the magazine as the 230 was not great in feeding hollow points. Most police in Europe use FMJ. I would call sig but I thought they were out of stock. The 230 is one of my carry pieces so I use 95gr lead round nose. Mine is the P230SL and the stainless mags are unobtainable.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    There are currently six auctions on GunBroker right now for P230 mags, going from mid teens to low twenties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

molonlabe

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2005
    Mountaineer Country, WV
    There are currently six auctions on GunBroker right now for P230 mags, going from mid teens to low twenties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Checked it out and it looks just like the magazine I got at a gun show. I would still check with sig.

Link here. The replacement mag would not even feed in mine. I have two stainless I guess that's it. Not the post that sig says hollow point should not be used in the 230. That's why I use lead for expansion.
    http://www.handgunforum.net/sig-sauer/26397-sig-p230.html

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    There is a slight difference between the 230 and 232. I bought. 232 at a gun show and it won't feed properly. Something to do with the pitch of the magazine as the 230 was not great in feeding hollow points. Most police in Europe use FMJ. I would call sig but I thought they were out of stock. The 230 is one of my carry pieces so I use 95gr lead round nose. Mine is the P230SL and the stainless mags are unobtainable.

A friend of mine has a P232SL; we've swapped mags many times without issue.

Loudon Guns also had stainless mags on the shelf...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom