• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    The barrel on a 422 or 622 is already threaded. You just take the barrel nut off and thread an adapter on. My adapter is from EKW Arms. They are available in blued or stainless (I believe) and they run about $40.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. Just looked at mine and there does seem to be a nut over the barrel. Is there a special tool to remove this does or EKW supply one. I love this gun but have never field stripped it, yet. Would love to be able to use my Sparrow on it.
    I've googled EKW Arms and can't find them anywhere. Do you have a link or address?

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Thanks. Just looked at mine and there does seem to be a nut over the barrel. Is there a special tool to remove this does or EKW supply one. I love this gun but have never field stripped it, yet. Would love to be able to use my Sparrow on it.
    I've googled EKW Arms and can't find them anywhere. Do you have a link or address?

Sorry it's ewkarms.com
    They sell adapters for that gun in either blued or stainless specifically for the Sparrow. You don't need a special wrench to get the old nut off, but it is a little tricky.
    Once you put the adapter on, you can just leave it there. (Comes with a thread protector)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Yeah rsideout got me started in the stamp collecting hobby. Started with a 22Sparrow a couple of years ago. Now I have about 9 stamps and 4 more in the pipeline at various stages. I am definitely addicted to shooting things quietly. All my guns I usually shoot have threaded barrels. Even if I get a 22 conversion kit for a specific gun it gets the barrel threaded or it already comes threaded. Thanks to rsideout my kid may not go to college but, I will have a lot of fun not sending him there. :D

Dave

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    I agree. I have 3 of them.
    IIRC, You have a CAC too? How does that compare to the MIMS? I got a CAC380 that came in a pkg deal (matching #s). Will likely send it in for service eventually to get the latest VERS baffles installed (but wanted to hear it first.)

Would like something large in 45 and Bowers/Coastal/Thompson all look similar.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    IIRC, You have a CAC too? How does that compare to the MIMS? I got a CAC380 that came in a pkg deal (matching #s). Will likely send it in for service eventually to get the latest VERS baffles installed (but wanted to hear it first.)

Would like something large in 45 and Bowers/Coastal/Thompson all look similar.

No, I don't have a CAC, but one of my MIMS is .45. The tube is the same size as the 9mm version. And the threaded inserts are interchangeable between them. I would go with a Bower or Coastal over the Thompson. I have a Thompson SG in 9mm. The SG is a large monocore. Its just not as quiet as the MIMS with the stacked baffle design. My $.02.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    I actually have a CAC9.

Do you know long ago it was made/upgraded? Apparently, you can send it back and get newer baffles installed for a nominal fee. They now can get the VERS baffles which are supposedly quite a bit better than the origs. Mine also came w/ a mac and talking to the PO its really old.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Do you know long ago it was made/upgraded? Apparently, you can send it back and get newer baffles installed for a nominal fee. They now can get the VERS baffles which are supposedly quite a bit better than the origs. Mine also came w/ a mac and talking to the PO its really old.

It is an older model not upgraded yet. I checked on it and it is around $160.00 to get it done. I am planning on sending mine in soon.

Once upgraded I can service it I think, but it will take different types of mounts so it can be used on different hosts.

Dave

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Once upgraded I can service it I think, but it will take different types of mounts so it can be used on different hosts.

Ohh, didn't know that. I figured I'd give it a try stock first (why not right?) but Im sure I'll send it out for upgrade soon after. The price seemed reasonable and if it goes to a Vers series thread adapters that would be pretty handy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom