• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    Although not nearly as nice as Mendozaco's Luger and P38 wins, here is my one purchase also from the Redding auction in Gettysburg yesterday. French 1935A in 7,65 French Long caliber, made under Nazi German occupation with waffenamt WaA251. About 24k went to the Germans from 1940-44. This one is from the D block which likely puts it at early '44. I was attracted to this one because the black enamel finish is still in really nice shape, most I have seen recently were chipped and pretty rough. Design rights for the 1935A ended up with Sig and it developed into the P210 in 1949.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      53.1 KB · Views: 241
    Jul 1, 2012
    Very nice. Finish is indeed excellent for one of these! High on my list, but most you see are in sad shape as you noted...

Tying in with Mawkie's fake thread, care should be taken to examine the Waffenamt on these. From what I can see this one it totally righteous - through the finish, curved letters etc. Should be proof marks on the barrel too IIRC.

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    Very nice. Finish is indeed excellent for one of these! High on my list, but most you see are in sad shape as you noted...

Tying in with Mawkie's fake thread, care should be taken to examine the Waffenamt on these. From what I can see this one it totally righteous - through the finish, curved letters etc. Should be proof marks on the barrel too IIRC.

Excellent point! There were many of these made post war (and some before German occupation) that do not have a waffenamt...and I would imagine there are likely post war guns out there with fake stamps. Serial number and letter block on these is an easy way to tell wartime from post war. German occupation started in early B block and continued through B and C, and ended at about 4550 in D block. I would be very suspicious of a waffenamt on a gun outside of that range (blocks E through I for example which are post war).

Sunir

Jul 10, 2013
    Nice pick up for sure! Looks like the Gettysburg auction was kind to the MDS members here! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom