• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    mkdlmr

Think BIG. 3% er or OathKeeper.

Three Percenters were the courageous 3 percent of the population who actually took up arms to fight and defeat the British and achieve independence for the United States.

Oath Keepers is a non-partisan association of current and formerly serving military, police, and first responders, who pledge to fulfill the oath all military and police take to “defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic.” That oath, mandated by Article VI of the Constitution itself, is to the Constitution, not to the politicians, and Oath Keepers declare that they will not obey unconstitutional orders, such as orders to disarm the American people, to conduct warrantless searches, or to detain Americans as “enemy combatants” in violation of their ancient right to jury trial. See the Oath Keepers Declaration of Orders We Will Not Obey for details.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    The state has banned magazines of greater than 10 rounds. Fortunately, they have established a series of drop off points. The closest for the OP and many of you is located in my mailbox.

Except you cannot accept them, as that would be a transfer and thus illegal.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    My accidents happened before that law went into effect.

Besides is it a loss while you still have hope of recovery?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    What if the boating accident wasn't in MD waters? The statute only applies to losses in MD.

The statute applies to losses, period, it does not say "losses in Maryland", but it would be interesting to see how the state would charge a person for a loss outside of Maryland that was not reported to either LE where the firearm was lost or upon returning to Maryland (After the 72 hours)

ironbag

Apr 6, 2018
    Gaithersburg
    Nope, not yet. They're legal to own, but cannot be bought, sold or traded within the state. Perfectly legal to buy them elsewhere and bring them home.

Unless Jealous wins the election. Then, in a year, you can bet they'll be made illegal, along with a bunch of other stuff.

Does this also mean I can sell standard-capacity mags to people outside of MD? I have a bunch of Beretta M9 mags from when I was a Marine that I have no use for, since I know for a fact I will never own a Beretta.

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    Does this also mean I can sell standard-capacity mags to people outside of MD? I have a bunch of Beretta M9 mags from when I was a Marine that I have no use for, since I know for a fact I will never own a Beretta.

Yes, you can transfer them to someone from any state, when you are in PA. or VA., not sure what current law in Delaware is.

:innocent0

ironbag

Apr 6, 2018
    Gaithersburg
    Yes, you can transfer them to someone from any state, when you are in PA. or VA., not sure what current law in Delaware is.

:innocent0

Sweet. I’ve been using Tacswap to post most of my extra gear on since I’m not at 50 posts on this site yet, so I’ll throw the mags on there and put a “know your state laws” disclaimer.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    Glad to see the OP got his answer and went back into hiding. Sure enough to ignore next years session and come back bewildered and indignant when some other atrocity is proposed or passed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    But you can't " offer for sale " in Maryland .

How does this relate to the internet , and subtle variations thereof ? Unknown .

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Yesterday at Nations Gun Show a man told me the legality of purchasing a 30rd magazine there then bringing it to Maryland was up for interpretation. I disagreed, but then was given bonafides he's a NRA instructor and fighting MGA back to Tripwire with Jim Purtilo. He also commented as an instructor, MSP sends him advisories that he uses in support of his claim.

Zirkin stipulating people could buy out of Maryland and bring them back, during a hearing at MGA this session, is good enough for me.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009

Technically, you're not even allowed to "offer for sale" banned magazines here, but if you took them to PA or VA or wherever you can sell them all you want.

Yesterday at Nations Gun Show a man told me the legality of purchasing a 30rd magazine there then bringing it to Maryland was up for interpretation. I disagreed, but then was given bonafides he's a NRA instructor and fighting MGA back to Tripwire with Jim Purtilo. He also commented as an instructor, MSP sends him advisories that he uses in support of his claim.

Was he a Delta Seal Ranger Operator too? He was still wrong.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

Zirkin stipulating people could buy out of Maryland and bring them back, during a hearing at MGA this session, is good enough for me.

Whatever the guy’s bonafides are or what he was told by the MSP, he’s wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom