• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Do you know the difference between antlers and horns?

• unsure=They are the same thing

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Erno86

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 27, 2012
    Marriottsville, Maryland
    I believe it was somewhere here in the U.S. some time ago...when a guy went to a checking station to check in his antlered buck, only to find out that it was some farmer's horned goat that he shot.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    I believe it was somewhere here in the U.S. some time ago...when a guy went to a checking station to check in his antlered buck, only to find out that it was some farmer's horned goat that he shot.

Nothing worse than a blind man with a firearm. I see a lot of them driving on the roads these days too.

Erno86

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 27, 2012
    Marriottsville, Maryland
    I was bowhunting years ago on Liberty Reservoir property, when I came upon a small dead goat --- which appeared to be a bow kill --- that somebody left to rot in the pinewoods. A lot of farmers allow there goats to roam free too forage in the woods.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    well they are good eating....not rotting of course...Im sorry but if you cant tell you are shooting a goat from bow range...you need to hang up hunting..

Erno86

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 27, 2012
    Marriottsville, Maryland
    I talked to other bowhunters at the parking lot who also saw the dead goat, and they were also in agreement that it was a bow kill.
    One year at the same place...somebody let loose two black bear cubs, that were captured from up north somewhere. I was walking down the fireroad --- when I came upon a female bowhunter who was bawling her eyes out --- while being consoled by her bowhunter husband. I ask what was wrong...an she tearfully described how see saw a black bear, that came up below her treestand an looked up at her while sniffing. She said that she was afraid that the bear "would climb up the tree an eat me."

The two bears were eventually shot by a couple of irate farmers.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I talked to other bowhunters at the parking lot who also saw the dead goat, and they were also in agreement that it was a bow kill.
    One year at the same place...somebody let loose two black bear cubs, that were captured from up north somewhere. I was walking down the fireroad --- when I came upon a female bowhunter who was bawling her eyes out --- while being consoled by her bowhunter husband. I ask what was wrong...an she tearfully described how see saw a black bear, that came up below her treestand an looked up at her while sniffing. She said that she was afraid that the bear "would climb up the tree an eat me."

The two bears were eventually shot by a couple of irate farmers.

:sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JOELEWIS419

Latest threads

Top Bottom